eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Store..Images imported from eBay display wrong..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarolinaClothingCo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:01 am    Post subject: New Store..Images imported from eBay display wrong.. Reply with quote

Hi,

When I imported my items from eBay to my new store here, some promo images from my template displayed as the main photo for many of my items.
Can I fix this easily?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All listing will need to be looked at when importing them. Have you look at any yet? Many words are run together, at eCrater the listing should ONLY be about the item itself. All mention of mailing or returns should be elsewhere FAQ's or terms. I know it can seem like a lot of work but those are rules here.

I hope you have many sales!!!!!!!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@CarolinaClothingCo

You need to review each listing that was imported, and adjust images and text as needed.

eCrater does things differently than eBay. Here the listing description should only describe the item. Any boilerplate text should be removed, and shifted to the Terms page.

Picking one of your listings at random ...
http://carolinaclothingco.ecrater.com/p/23775364/womens-distressed-wallflower-vintage-jeans

The image is fine, but the description needs clean-up.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Can I fix this easily?

Actually that isn't even the point. Whether it is easy or not, it needs fixed. I would never bother with the ebay download because you have to go through EVERY listing anyhow and fix it majorly. You can really pick out sellers that downloaded ebay listings, never looked at them and figured they were done and just are waiting for the money to poor in. They will be waiting a while.

When you are going through your listings, instead of having all sizes in one listings which means you have to somehow communicate with your buyer as to what size/color/option they want. Have separate listings for each options. It will help you avoid mistakes and be more for the search engines to 'see'. The time to start doing this is now before you grow your store more. It is always harder to backtrack to fix things.
CarolinaClothingCo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:07 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the replies all! Reply with quote

It's my first day here. So, I have no idea how to work things yet and thanks to all those who pointed out things that needed to be fixed, and I am not being sarcastic. I will have to play around with this site and figure out how to correct that mess and what's what for policy.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And sometimes ecrater picks the wrong categories for those items so you have to make sure the global category the items are in is correct. Also in your store, your imports get placed in a central 'my ebay' category and you have to create your own categories in your store and manually move every product to the correct one. Also, remove any text about auctions and bidding and payment time limits. All items are buy it now on ecrater and require immediate payment, so having any ebay terms in your listings confuses some people and makes them wonder if they are actually buying it now, or placing a bid.

Ebay bulk upload is worthless, you have to basically edit everything manually anyway so you still up doing the work manually and actually, it takes longer to correct the mess left behind from ebay imports than it does to manually copy/paste each ebay listing one by one, even if you have thousands of products. That tool is supposed to help save time, but it never has worked right and no one will fix it. Most people end up deleting their my ebay category when they see the mess, and uploading products manually anyway.
CarolinaClothingCo

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 1:52 pm    Post subject: RE: Tigercreek.. Reply with quote

Thank you Tigercreek. That is really good info to know!

So, I am guessing other sellers that have their items listed correctly see sales on here with maintained listings.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sellers with maintained listings do see sales here. Many times we get sellers that never correct their ebay imports, or only write a 2 word description and have blurry dark photos and when someone tries to help they get offended and end up wondering why they have no sales in just a few weeks.

There are many successful sellers on ecrater despite what you may have heard elsewhere and our products are shown in google shopping and organic search but you just have to do little a extra work here than you do at ebay. However, best thing about ecrater is once an item is listed it stays listed. So no need to relist every 3 to 30 days.

You only have 57 products so far. Once you get used to using ecrater it becomes quick and easy, so honestly 57 products won't take that long to correct. If you can devote a couple hours a day to fixing them, your listings should all be fixed in 3 days or less.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@CarolinaClothingCo, Welcome to the eCRATER community. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with the bulk uploader. It works well for sellers who don't use any html in their descriptions since eCRATER is straight text. The sellers who use nice templates on eBay seem to have the most problem.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So, I am guessing other sellers that have their items listed correctly see sales on here with maintained listings.

Absolutely. Even though this has been a slow month for me here, I did pass the 4600 sales point early this week Very Happy

I agree with the other poster, many that complain the most about eCRATER are those that come from ebay and expect all the bells and whistles for free or their first day here volunteer all of us to pay fees so we can have whatever it is they want. Haven't seen many of them lately. Or they complain about no sales and all they are trying to sell in yard sale leftovers so to speak, of they had no vision or focus for their store. No idea how to list and get mad if we give them some advice. The only time someone asked for advice that I wouldn't give them any, was someone that came on and asked questions that not only showed she hadn't done a bit of studying how to list here, she expected us to do her research for her and tell her the answers since she was so busy with her day job! I think not. We are all busy, if not here, with house work, hobbies, etc.

Many of us don't mind questions but when they seem to expect us to give them answers and then get mad when we don't tell them what they expect to hear is frustrating and then they leave and go tell everyone how nasty the forum members are here, which is not true except for the occasional snarky remark that might slip out, just like in any family or workplace. But generally we are friendly here and happy to help.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: