eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stripe payment
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Stripe payment Reply with quote

I'm very excited to say I just received my first eCRATER order. When the buyer ordered, I only had PayPal and money orders listed as accepted payments. The buyer checked that she would send payment by money order but emailed me and asked to pay by credit card (she does not have a PayPal account). That's perfectly fine with me so I just finished setting up an account with Stripe. Does anyone know if she will now be able to pay through Stripe with her current order even though she checked the box for money order? Or do I need to cancel the first order and have her repurchase the item to pay through Stripe? I hope my question makes sense!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If no electronic instant payment was completed with the first order, then you can safely ignore it. Have your customer create a new order, and complete payment with Stripe.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks so much!!
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck, the customer almost never follows thru with their order when they have to follow extra steps or resubmit their order. So you might lose this sale.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She ended up opening a PayPal account and paying that way instead. Very Happy
So glad it worked out! I agree, when the customer has to follow extra steps then they are so likely to just abandon their cart or order. I was selling on a different site earlier this year and for every sale the seller has to send an invoice before the buyer could pay. What a nightmare for both parties! About a third of my orders were never paid and I can't imagine how many sales were never even made for that very reason. There was no immediate checkout. UGH!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to have a paypal account to pay with a credit card. I don't know how selling sites stay in business if they don't offer online payments.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As long as YOU have a PP account, you can send her an invoice via PP that she can pay with her credit card whether or not she has a PP account.

Glad it worked out for you and now you also have Stripe as well for customers. I don't know how to send an invoice via Stripe and I'm not sure anyone else has figured it out either. If someone has perhaps they can shout out.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, interesting. I was under the impression that buyers had to sign up with PayPal in order to pay with a credit card through PayPal and/or to pay a PayPal invoice. If not, then what's the point in having Stripe?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some folks absolutely, positively will have nothing whatsoever to do with PP. We don't want to loose their business.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:
Hmm, interesting. I was under the impression that buyers had to sign up with PayPal in order to pay with a credit card through PayPal and/or to pay a PayPal invoice. If not, then what's the point in having Stripe?

Used to be you had to have a PP account to use it but they changed that quite some time ago. Sometimes competition makes the tree bend.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shaelily wrote:

PP Express is primarily based on people who want to slap down a CC and keep on moving.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks so much for clearing that up everyone! I guess I'll keep both as I'm sure some buyers think the same thing I did (that you have to have a PayPal account) and I'm sure that will steer some away if that's the only payment method I accept.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2015 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, having only PP will steer some buyers away. Some people are so anti-ebay that even though ebay and PP are now separate companies, they still have a forever hatred for PP just because they used to be associated with ebay and still are the main payment form on that website.

But stripe not only gives the PP haters an alternative option, it allows you to offer another payment method that does not require the buyer to have an account (only sellers can create stripe accounts) so there is no confusion, buyers can clearly tell with stripe that they simply enter their CC# and hit submit and when some buyers see they cannot back out of a stripe payment once submitted like they can with PP standard, it keeps the "test checkout" attempts and non-paying buyers away unless you also offer PP standard in addition to stripe which new stores no longer have the option of PP standard, just PP express.

But unlike PP, stripe is like a regular CC merchant. Their bottom line is money not establishing brand recognition like PP so they have no need to advertise theirselves as stripe during checkout because only sellers know what stripe is so not having to say "or you can pay with stripe" keeps buyers from forming any hatred for a certain CC processor brand name, because stripe remains discreet so buyers never even know who the payment is processed thru. Just like JCPenney, do we know who processes our credit card when we shop there? No, all we know is that we swipe our card and our payment is processed.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got my second eCRATER order and the buyer paid through Stripe. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Some people are so anti-ebay that even though ebay and PP are now separate companies, they still have a forever hatred for PP just because they used to be associated with ebay

Well in all actuality, they are still joined at the hip and will be for years to come. One of my first ecrater orders was a buyer who found something they wanted on ebay store, wrote me and said they absolutely refused to use ebay or PP (except I guess finding things) and could I help them to buy the item. So I listed it over here and she paid with GCO and all was happy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: