eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stupid Question, but I'm going to ask anyway
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:27 am    Post subject: Stupid Question, but I'm going to ask anyway Reply with quote

Do our product view numbers reset every month or am I going insane?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:28 am    Post subject: Re: Stupid Question, but I'm going to ask anyway Reply with quote

creativewench wrote:
Do our product view numbers reset every month or am I going insane?

Yes they do.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't be afraid to ask a question here. The people here are a good bunch and always try to help.
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you guys. I've been here a few months and just noticed it (mainly because one of my products had over 100 views and I liked watching it go up) now to just translate the views to sales...
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yours is the most sensible of the questions about this! Some months we get several questions at once with new sellers in a panic because they disappeared Very Happy You just needed your theory confirmed.

Some items can get hundreds of views a month and then the one that sells has had only a couple. Also you might see when putting up a new listing or promoting new items that the 'views' jump. It isn't human beans that were looking but the spyders checking things out.
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spyders?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spyders crawl the web looking for new info....just a program and not an actual person.
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting...
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, and every time you pin, share, tweet, or post a link to an item your views will automatically increase by 2 or 4 hits which is just the spider bots checking things out. Every time you pin an item, go back to your admin and take a look, you will notice 4 extra 'views' immediately. For G+ and Facebook, it's usually 2 extra views.

If you use Google analytics, you can set it up to not show bot hits and not show your own hits, but the hit counter on ecrater counts spider bots as views and every time you preview your store in live mode, your own views are counted too. An item on ecrater can show 68 hits, but when I check that item in GA I can see that only 47 hits came from real people, the other hits are spiders and my own views.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your question has been adequately answered but I'd like to suggest you change your logo in your store. It is too small to be read so it is doing you no good.
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Your question has been adequately answered but I'd like to suggest you change your logo in your store. It is too small to be read so it is doing you no good.

On the template I was using it was perfect, since changing templates is been an issue. Not sure what to change it to yet.
creativewench

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Yes, and every time you pin, share, tweet, or post a link to an item your views will automatically increase by 2 or 4 hits which is just the spider bots checking things out. Every time you pin an item, go back to your admin and take a look, you will notice 4 extra 'views' immediately. For G+ and Facebook, it's usually 2 extra views.

If you use Google analytics, you can set it up to not show bot hits and not show your own hits, but the hit counter on ecrater counts spider bots as views and every time you preview your store in live mode, your own views are counted too. An item on ecrater can show 68 hits, but when I check that item in GA I can see that only 47 hits came from real people, the other hits are spiders and my own views.

What is Google analytics and how do I use it?
jensemporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:

Didn't know you could do that. How do you?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your admin section, click on Accounts > Options and scroll down to "Enable Google Analytics". If you are new to Google Analytics, you'll need to create a new account. Click on the blue question mark for more information and a link to create a Google Analytics account. Google wants you to use one Google account for everything on Google, BUT it is NOT required. I have a separate account for each of my eCRATER stores. It's a little more work for me, but it's my choice. Also, if I used gmail for personal I wouldn't want my work data mixed with my personal data.

Once you click on the link, scroll down until you see the link to "Sign up for Analytics". You'll have to find your way from here because I don't need a new account and I've forgotten what information they request. Laughing

Once you've created an account, you'll see your Google Analytics Dashboard when you signin. Click on "Home" if it's not already selected. You'll see your "website" listed (your ecrater store which you should have entered as http://YourStoreName.ecrater.com ) and beside it there will be a number that will look like (UA-76515973-1). You need to copy this number in the space back on eCRATER where you started. NOTE: sometimes when you use cut/paste an extra space will be added to the beginning or end of the paste. If this happens, it won't work, so make sure you don't have extra spaces.

If you have a UK store or an AU store, you can add those URLs to the same Google Analytics account. They will be assigned their own UA- number which you will then add to the boxes in your ecrater admin section.

When you start reading how to use Google Analytic keep in mind that the directions are written for "webmasters" and folks that are using Google Adword Campaigns. We are not the webmaster. Everything that is needed has already been coded by eCRATER. There is nothing we can code and we can't add HTML to our pages. All that work has been done for us. All we have to do is create an account and add the number to our eCrater Admin page.
jensemporium

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="jensemporium"]
tigercreekgifts wrote:

Thanks for the info on how to enable Google Analytics with eCrater. I did that long time ago.

But what I didn't know was how to set up analytics so that it doesn't show bot hits and hot show one's own hits. If you know how that is done, I'd appreciate some info on that. Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: