eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Too late for Christmas but fair warning for 2016

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Too late for Christmas but fair warning for 2016 Reply with quote

Some of you are old enough to appreciate this.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/TX9EAavxrus
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2015 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very funny.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may not be old but I remember the days when everyone just ate until they were full and only passed up certain foods because they didn't like the taste. Now days there are 1,000 new allergies and intolerances and I find it annoying every time I hear someone say I refuse to eat (fill in the blank) because.... or my doctor says I can't eat (blank) because. And they wanna try and force public restaurants to change their menus, change their recipes or add new food items for people with allergies that only 5 customers a month would actually request.

I bet all those special requests and complaints are costing restaurants a ton $$. The food places either spend a bunch of money and cater to their requests and only sell a limited amount of those items in return, or ignore the requests to save money but have a bunch people angry at the restaurants because they have peanuts in the kitchen that could accidentally end up in Johnny's hamburger or because the restaurant still insists on serving up dead cows on a bun in the first place. LOL

An ex-boyfriend of mine accidentally bought a box of gluten free brownie mix one time, it tasted like crap and I couldn't figure out why so at first I convinced myself I must have forgotten to add in the eggs because I did that like the 2nd time I ever made brownies and that's how it tasted but I counted my eggs (new unopened carton) and exactly 3 eggs were missing. Finally I look at the box and underneath the giant text that said "Delicious Double Chocolate Chunk Brownie Mix" in teensie little lettering it said "Gluten Free". I knew it had to be the reason for the poor taste because I never had brownies taste so damn nasty before!

A few months later I purchase some sweet items from a local bakery for a yummy snack and they also tasted like that, horrible. I told the owner, I don't mean to be rude but these brownies taste awful, almost like they are gluten free or something and she said, oh that's because they are, we decided to discontinue our traditional recipes and make safer options that everyone can enjoy, we no longer use gluten or wheat products, no peanuts or tree nuts, and soy-free items can be made upon request as well.

So yeah I determined that gluten free items are gross. I loved how the bakery owner said "make safer options that everyone can enjoy" uh I don't think anyone would enjoy gluten free products intentionally, she basically ruined her used-to-be delicious treats that hundreds of local people enjoyed each month in favor of the 3 customers she gets every month that can't have gluten. Now, they have allergy shots for this kind of stuff so soon, there will be no excuse for businesses to stop carrying certain ingredients or customers to demand special attention for their dietary needs.

They have a peanut and tree nut allergy shot that will clear up the allergy if given to a child before age 3 and for adults, it may not clear it up but if the shot is taken in so many hours before the adult eats a snack containing nuts they won't have an allergic reaction. They are also currently working on allergy shots for wheat and grain.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tim Allen said it best. Forget about nuclear strikes or chemical warfare. The enemy could pretty well sideline this country with a well planned jar of Skippy.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
Tim Allen said it best. Forget about nuclear strikes or chemical warfare. The enemy could pretty well sideline this country with a well planned jar of Skippy.

LOL
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: