eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Is it correct choice?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
droponthepromise

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:13 am    Post subject: Is it correct choice? Reply with quote

My friend told me it was a big chance to join Jeunesse Global because it was a new company to produce skin care products and nutrition supplements. However, I found the price of products in this company had so much different, for example, LUMINESCEā„¢ Cellular Rejuvenation Serum product, the company offers its retail price is US $137.95, eBay gave me recommended price is US $69.00. I don't understand which one is original and which is fake. Why is so big gap for the same product in the same company!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The company is going to give you the actual retail value while sellers on ebay are charging bargain prices because people expect to receive a discount on ebay for everything they buy. So the ebay seller is probably under-pricing or they may be selling a product that is old or is about to expire so they had to discount it.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fake beauty products are common.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First let me say that I don't have any special knowledge about the product you are selling, but I wanted to add some very general "rules" of retail. BEFORE you consider selling a new product, do your homework and learn as much as you can about the product, who would want to buy the product, who else sells the product and what is the average selling price.

1.) Any time a friend and/or relative tells you about a "big chance", always do your own homework. Is this person also selling the product (not "offering it for sale", actually selling) and, if yes, study their method of selling. If no, question why they feel it's a good deal.

2.) NEVER trust the "recommended price" given by eBAY. I've found it's almost always a bad recommendation. It's usually based on what other sellers have offered for sale that a machine has found matches some of the words in your title. It's often not the same product.

3.) ALWAYS check to see how many other people are selling the same product on eBay, Amazon, eCRATER and other online sites. What seems to be an average price including the shipping? Check the sold items on eBay and any other site that lets you see sold items. Have any sold? If yes, at what price?

4.) NEVER assume you can sell a product for the manufacture's suggested retail price (MSRP). Once in a while there may be a product where that happens, but it's going to be very rare. If the company is selling the product, why would a person buy the same product from you instead of buying directly from the company?

There are lots of other questions a seller should ask before adding a new product that will depend on the product, but I feel these points should be considered before you consider investing time and/or money in any product.

You asked why there would be such a large gap in price and wondered if some are fakes. Assume the products are original unless you have knowledge the product is often copied or stolen. If the majority of products offered for sale are half of the MSRP, then the sellers are probably buying in quantity at a good discount.

Generally a manufacture will lower the wholesale price based on the quantity you are purchasing. If you are buying 10,000 items and paying cash up front, you are going to be getting a much lower price than the person who wants to buy 1 dozen. If you only want to buy one after you've sold it and want them to ship it, you might get a tiny discount off full retail. If you buy 2 dozen from the person who bought 10,000, you'll usually get a better price than buying 1 dozen from the manufacture, unless the person who bought 10,000 is also selling online through a marketplace.

These are just general guidelines and there are exceptions. You should know if you are expecting an exception before trying a new product so you are not disappointed when your results are not the exception.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila's points are excellent. Unless YOU feel comfortable selling a product, then you probably shouldn't. Part of feeling comfortable is you know how the product works, how to spot fakes, does the product do what it claims, do you know HOW to market to the customer base that would be buying something in the price range you are selling in? For instance there is no way in the world that I would pay $137 for 'rejuvenation' serum, nor would I pay $60+, or even $10. To me it is all a waste of money. But assuming I would be willing to fork out for this stuff, I doubt that you are going to get the attention of the average working woman just due to prices alone.

When I was still working, $137 was more than a day's pay for me with the discounted price about half a day's pay. So you are looking at a woman who is in the minimum $60,000 - 100,000 pay range (or her husband's pay range), and even higher to even be able to afford it. Granted whether someone can afford something or not doesn't always mean they won't buy something, but they can't continue to buy unless they don't like having a rood over their head and food in the fridge. That means wealthier people will have higher expectations of your product, packaging, and even website. At least in my opinion. I can tell from the posts you have made here on the forum over the years, that you didn't write the listings at all for your products. They appear to have been copied and pasted from a catalog. So when you end up having to write text for your home page, etc. as well as answering potential questions from customers suddenly the writing style is going to very different and most likely a huge turn off to a customer.

I posted a comment the other day on one of your posts. Did you not respond because you couldn't or didn't understand, or perhaps just not see it? But you are trying to sell products, from where they are made I don't know and you don't say at least that I found, but currently there is only ONE stem-cell product approved by the US government for sell. I'm not positive, but you should check to see if it is even legal to sell these items in the US even if you are supposedly selling from Canada. Just because something is legal in your country, doesn't make it legal in the US.

The above is not meant to be rude or discouraging, but to help you figure out what you are doing and selling. If someone says something would be a good idea to sell, are they selling it? If they are, will they get paid for getting you to sign up? Are they making money? If they aren't selling it, why not? Why is it a good thing for you but not for them? Selling on line is hard work, so it is important that you enjoy and find satisfaction in the job and part of that is liking the product you sell, at least enough to research it to understand it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: