eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

All received payments are reversed
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
buysocialmediamarketing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: All received payments are reversed Reply with quote

I am selling social media followers on ecrater, I have received around 10 total orders in total. All of the order have been refunded by paypal, because payment reversal cases were opened.

Paypal message:
We're investigating a payment reversal.
An unauthorized account activity claim was recently filed against the
following transaction.

Is something wrong with my store installation?
Or all the buyers are just trying to scam and get free services?

P.S all the cases are refunded within 36 hours by paypal, these cases get investigated very fast.

Does anyone know anything about this issue?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people don't recognize the name of the company on the invoice because it is different than what they thought. They asked paypal to refund it instead of asking you to refund. Since you are not selling a tangible product, something that can be physically returned, and you have already sent your list, you got burned.
buysocialmediamarketing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually all purchases look identical. A purchase is made and after 48-72 hours unauthorized chargeback case is opened. It actually looks like it's made by same person all the time but it's not. It doesn't matter if we start delivering the service or not, the case gets opened.
I think if they would want to scam me they would wait for service delivery and only then they would open a case.

So maybe that's something automatic going on out here?
I mean maybe eCrater itself sees the payments as unauthorized and opens them or something like that?
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think eCrater has anything to do with this. I have had it happen to me that they did not recognize my shop name which shows up on the invoice. If you wish to ask Ecrater about it there is a contact button on the bottom of the ecrater.com main page. Perhaps they could help.

FYI - you should finish your information. You have not filled out the about, terms, contact and FAQ pages. If you fill out that information your shop looks more professional. You also have a negative feedback. Once you get your store looking more professional, you may get some legitimate buyers for your products.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously I know nothing about buying lists of followers but what is the point of buying a list that is not real people.
school-yearbooks

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Maggie. What is the premise of buying a list. It sounds like something that once may have been in vogue several years ago?

trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. You sell digital services. Incredibly risky and often frowned upon by PayPal due to huge risk and high amount of fraud.

2. Selling followers is against TOS of almost all social media services. Fake accounts and fake followers are constantly being purged and there was a huge issue with this when Twitter and Instagram took serious action against these fake schemes and it hit main stream news.

You should have been well aware of the business you are involved in. You will lose every case here.
buysocialmediamarketing

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not discuss the usefulness of buying followers here.

Actually paypal doesn't offer buyer protection for digital items purchases.

But the cases we are receiving are unauthorized payment cases, which means that paypal account owner doesn't remember making the purchase and wants to reverse the payment.

This means that his account was scammed and the purchase was made by someone else or the buyer just pretends that it happened and wants to get money back that way.

We have served over a thousand customers and these unauthorized payment cases are rare.

But as I said previously somehow all the orders we have received on eCrater are opened as unauthorized cases.
It looks too suspicious, as I said all the cases are identical and time passed between payment and case opening are very similar. It looks like an automated action. This is the problem we are trying to investigate.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

buysocialmediamarketing wrote:

But the cases we are receiving are unauthorized payment cases, which means that paypal account owner doesn't remember making the purchase and wants to reverse the payment.

This means that his account was scammed and the purchase was made by someone else or the buyer just pretends that it happened and wants to get money back that way.

You may be correct (on both counts). Since you did not ship physical goods, there is no tracking number. Someone out there may have used stolen card information, as part of a larger scam operation, and you are getting collateral damage.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they were unauthorized, there is no way that customer would know to come to eCrater and leave you with negative feedback. That person probably ran into issues using fake followers with their account and now they want their money back.

Selling followers is against TOS on Instagram. You are lucky your business even survives.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Followers are not real people, but they have real nicknames and profile pictures.

What in the world! For $300 someone would be willing to get 100,000 fake followers to Instagram?? Why would anyone want to do that? Whose 'real' profile pictures and nicknames are you stealing to come up with 100,000 fake people?

Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Shocked Shocked Shocked
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:
1. You sell digital services. Incredibly risky and often frowned upon by PayPal due to huge risk and high amount of fraud.

2. Selling followers is against TOS of almost all social media services. Fake accounts and fake followers are constantly being purged and there was a huge issue with this when Twitter and Instagram took serious action against these fake schemes and it hit main stream news.

You should have been well aware of the business you are involved in. You will lose every case here.

Not only that ^

But most of the people selling followers say that it takes 10-12 days before your followers count will increase, that it won't be an instant change, have you considered that maybe your customers were expecting an instant followers increase and since it did not happen right away they thought they were scammed and filed the chargeback with paypal because they simply didn't know how your services work? Even if you explain this to your customers, many customers do not read anything in our stores and some won't even read the emails you send them and will miss crucial information that was presented right to them.

I've never purchased followers because I know it can get you suspended from your social media accounts, and because I do just fine with my business and my other online endeavors so I have no need to display 1,000 extra followers to make my business look more popular but we have had a handful of other social media follower sellers here in the recent past, and they have all had similar problems with people filing chargebacks because they did not get the amount of followers they were promised or they were unaware that it would take several days to get the followers.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the OP is asking why he is prone to so many chargebacks, not advice or counsel on whether what he is selling is moral or ethical. While it is against the TOS of many popular social media sites to use or obtain fake followers, it is not currently illegal to sell them.

That being said, buysocialmediamarketing, please consider the audience you are targeting and the persons buying your product. Those wishing to purchase fake followers are obviously comfortable with promoting misleading information. That is, in fact, why they are buying the 'followers' to begin with, right? Therefore if they are dishonest enough to do this then it would seem reasonable that they would also be dishonest in the means to do so.

It might be a good idea to call PayPal directly and inquire as to their policies regarding chargebacks for non-tangible items and any measures that you could take to better protect yourself. And as a previous poster mentioned, many people probably think the 'followers' show up instantly on their account or are not sure how the process works. Many of your ads simply state:
1) Purchase & pay
2) Give me Instagram username.
3) Then Leave the rest to us.
It might be a good idea to add more information or a timeline on when the buyer will receive these 'followers' or auto-send them an email with this information immediately when the purchase is made.

Another thought is, maybe the buyer was caught with the fake followers and since he can no longer use them he wants his money back.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sahelily - good point. I'm reminded of the quote about honor and thieves.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a masterpiece "Dead Souls" by Nikolai Gogol, now we learn about ... fake souls:(

O tempora, o mores! I'm disgusted.

---

BTW, I have 3.5k Followers on my Pinterest boards and all eCrater members (except the OP) are welcome to present their items (for free!) to these real people.
-
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: