eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Payment options
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 11:54 am    Post subject: About stripes & paypal Express Reply with quote

Many have complained about Paypal Express & Stripes is the any way to choose a different format other than stripes for credt/debit processing.

I am having too many issues with stripes where potential customers are complaining the processing is not going thru or a rejection.
so I'm losing customers & not making sales because of stripes & paypal
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only electronic payments allowed on eCRATER is PayPal and Stripe (no S on the end of the word Stripe). You may also take money orders, personal checks if you wish. You can't not use any other elctronic payments, nor can you advertise that you will do so.

Quote:
am having too many issues with stripes where potential customers are complaining the processing is not going thru or a rejection.
so I'm losing customers & not making sales because of stripes & paypal

Let the customer complain. If their cards aren't going through then Stripe is doing their job. Would you rather have a payment processor that doesn't check if the card is good? If PP or Stripe was having a major glitch at this point, I think we would all have heard of it. I'm not sure how you are finding out that you are losing customers because of the policies that aren't allowing your customers to charge. Of all the sales I've had only a few have told me they were having trouble with PP, so I send them a PP invoice. Never had a single customer complain about Stripe. Not saying you haven't But with you not showing any sales at all yet (which means you haven't gotten a feedback yet) I'm just having a hard time thinking that you are losing a lot of customers, when neither of those processors are currently have bad glitches of any sort.
adelowokansboutique

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:30 pm    Post subject: About stripe processing Reply with quote

This problem is with Stripe as many have complained.
As in good customer service you don't ignore and just let customers complain especially over important things as credit card processing.
If the method of processing a card is bad then a business cannot make money.
Its not about advertising or checking to see if a card is good.
I don't feel a business should suffer or having unhappy customers should be the price over a bad processing system .
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not mean to be rude here, but just how many customers have you 'lost' because of Stripe? You aren't showing any sales yet so you either haven't had any sales or you just haven't had any feedback so that your sales will show. I ask this, not to be rude, but to wonder why with so few sales you are so firmly convinced that YOU are having problems with Stripe? Stripe has processed over $7000 worth of orders for me. I haven't lost customers or had customers complain. If a card is attempted multiple times and doesn't go through then I am satisfied that Stripe is providing the customer service I need for my business. Which is to not let cards be charged where I might have a potential problem in the end. Stripe does not have a bad processing system. It works like it is supposed to.

Quote:
This problem is with Stripe as many have complained.

Or is this just something you have read about and are scared you will have to deal with? I've heard some sellers complain constantly about Stripe while I haven't had a problem and neither have other sellers. I have a hard time understanding how come some seem to have so much trouble while others of us don't. It just isn't reasonable. You can't make business decisions on hearsay.

At this point you are complaining about taking Stripe, you are also offering two more methods that are far riskier to a business and that is personal checks as well as Cash on Delivery! Do you know what Cash of Delivery means?

"Eligibility and Restrictions
•Mailer pays postage plus COD fees at time of mailing.
•The mailer [YOU] guarantees to pay any return postage, unless otherwise specified on the mailpiece.
•COD can be mailed:◦At a Post Office™, station, or branch (including any authorized contractor)
◦Through a rural carrier" and there is a lot more about it.

The cost for the service starts at $6.95, so you have to put out the price of postage plus the cost of the COD fee and ship the item hoping that when it gets to the buyer they will pay for the item at that point, otherwise it should be returned to you (may be an extra fee - a very complicated process). As long as you show that you will take this 'payment form' you are required to per ecrater guidelines as you can't change fees and shipping costs once a buyer checks out, which means without collecting one penny from the buyer, you are putting out at least $6.95 plus shipping. Do you really think that is safer than Stripe?

You also take personal checks. Do you know the fee for bouncing a check? In other words, the buyer's check, if they bother sending it, isn't any good, the bank will take back the amount that they cashed the check for and a NSF fee of around $35 depending on the bank (some are much higher). I would never take a personal check although folks that told me they would send a MO have tried to slip them through.

I guess what I'm trying to get across is this, are you yourself having all these problems with Stripe, or is this just stuff you have heard from others? The noisy wheel always gets the grease so those that had a problem may make a big deal of it, but that doesn't mean each and every problem is a BAD one. Some of those cards are just bad/stolen cards. The rest of us are going along taking our Stripe and PP payments with few problems.

I went to a site once where everyone was complaining horribly about Stripe and how terrible it was. The more I read, the more I was seeing the same story over and over again and I had the feeling that most of these were just bad sellers trying to pull fast ones on customers and so when a customer complained, Stripe cracked down on them and would no longer let them continue robbing customers. Of course as they wrote their messages, they were as pure as the snow and couldn't have anything to do with them.

I've been selling line for a long time now and have grossed almost a quarter of a million dollars. In all that time, I haven't had more than the occasional bump with PP and the same with Stripe whenever we started using it here. If you are having problems, or your customers are, try to figure out why. If your customers are writing for help, I would double check any instructions you are writing them, as your writing of these last few posts are hard to understand so maybe they are having the same problem. See if someone can help you proof read your written communications before they are sent out. That is just one area where I see you can be having a problem. If you, yourself haven't had a problem with Stripe or PP then I wouldn't worry about it.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: