eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

hi everone i just opened my store 2-5-16 i sell graded coins

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thatsAnicecoin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: hi everone i just opened my store 2-5-16 i sell graded coins Reply with quote

www.thatsanicecoin.ecrater.com tell me what you think of my new store i sell graded coins i have alway liked coins since i was a kid.[/u]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. I do have a few suggestions since you asked. Considering the type of thing you are selling - coins, you need to find a way of photographing them without the glare of the flash on them. That glare obscures parts of the coin and I would assume that a coin collector would want to see clearly both sides of the coin.

Also your titles for the most part are a gibberish bunch of letters and numbers. While they may mean something to coin collectors, I'm not sure what they will mean to the search engines and those browsing for a $1 coin with whoever on it. I think you need to clearly spell out what type of coin you are selling and then possibly add in the most important number/letter designation that a collector would look for.

Your descriptions as well need real text at the beginning simply saying that you are selling a coin in whatever denomination, whoever and whatever on the front and back, and if possible a bit of history about why it was made in the first place. Then you can go on to list your specs about the coin.

I hope this is of some help to you.
thatsAnicecoin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: thanks for the info Reply with quote

thanks for the info i'll keep that in mind.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are welcome. Always glad to help.
thatsAnicecoin

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 10:25 am    Post subject: i did change all the titles of my coins Reply with quote

i think it looks better
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of the time, it's better to not use a flash. Set up a tiny photo booth for yourself. For coins, you wouldn't need anything big. I use some tri-fold white cardboard for the background, a white table covering, and three lights, one fluorescent overhead and one incandescent clip on lights on each side. I can then get a good closeup photo with good detail. You have to use your camera's macro setting. You may also need to use a tripod to get the clearest pictures. I set this up on one side of my desk.
thatsAnicecoin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:18 am    Post subject: thanks for the tips Reply with quote

ok thanks for the tips
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Titles are better, but be sure you are using ALL your title 'real estate'. You are allowed 100 characters in the titles so you can add in any extra info that you think is important.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, thatsAnicecoin!

from a fellow newbie. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He is gone at this point. What happens to these guys the thought of too much work to do things right or are they suspended right out of the gate? I know many (who have never sold on line) pass around the rumor that selling on line is an easy way to make money, but it isn't at all. It involves work and dedication.
adrienneszat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right, Moon. I was just going through some of the threads because I haven't been here very much lately. I usually do check their stores, but didn't this time. Too bad. I've been updating mine a little and have been a little under-the-weather the past month. Time to list again and work.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crazy thing was, he opened his store 2-5-16 and was gone by 2-25-16 is not earlier. 20 days!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: