eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

how can I find out...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
artinsilk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:08 am    Post subject: how can I find out... Reply with quote

Is Etsy down or is it my connection?

Sorry I am asking here, I cannot remember the name of the website where you find what website is out...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is 10:14 central time and I checked my Etsy account. It is not down for me.
Maybe it is working for you now.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try http://www.isitdownrightnow.com/

In the future, if it isn't related to eCrater, you should post your question in "Other non-eCRATER related discussions".
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Related to eCRATER... is the Admin page super slow for anyone today? Forums are OK, just the Admin page. Haven't tried listing yet.
All other websites are loading just fine so it isn't my internet connection.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Listing is slow too Sad
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been to Admin in 4 different stores and made changes in one with no slow down. Maybe if you take a short break and close your browser, it will be all better when you return. I don't know why, but it works for me both in my eCrater stores and the community when I find it running exceptionally slow.

Probably good for your health to take a quick walk about the house. Laughing
It's also better than whacking the computer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like whacking mine for sure. Operating fine yesterday when I quit for the day. Come back down this morning and it is past squirrely. At this point hubby has his own computer set up so he doesn't use mine. So today I'm missing JaveScript. Got that figured out after almost an hour of lost time to then discover that I can't open or download PDF files which is not a priority at this point, but I still don't get all the page items coming up which meant no listing here this morning since I don't have a button on my product page to go find something with the same number nor are those 6 little icons appearing. I hate wasting time trying to trouble shot things that went wrong somehow on their own. I don't even see the emoticons on this page. Frustrating, so I'm taking Sheila's advice only I'm going to go eat breakfast.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you are having a problem with your computer and/or the site you are trying to reach, don't forget Step One in troubleshooting. Close your browser and turn off your computer. Computers, like children, often work much better after a brief time out.

The problem may not be with your computer OR the site you are trying to reach. The problem may be somewhere between your computer and the server holding the site. Everything on the internet works so well and so fast most of the time, that we sometimes forget there may be a problem between the two locations.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
When you are having a problem with your computer and/or the site you are trying to reach, don't forget Step One in troubleshooting. Close your browser and turn off your computer. Computers, like children, often work much better after a brief time out.

I did right after you suggested to take a walk. Unfortunately it didn't help so just moved on to other projects for a bit and ate some lunch. Just checked in now and everything is running lightning fast again. YAY!! Another huge listing day for me Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I restarted mine and then went away for awhile. We are near the end of our monthly allotment download time which could be part of the problem. Most of what I do on line is listing and process orders, and occasional forays to Pinterest and some other sites. However hubby loves to go all over and downloads photos etc. Even though he does it at night when we are supposedly having unlimited time, I think it still counts against us.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another little tip... This may be different on others computers based on their browser and OS etc. but if I just pull up google search and type in "Is etsy down right now?" it will pop up with the date, time, and the answer.

If no, it will say something like:

Feb. 23rd 2016 02:34 p.m. EST
Currently there are no reported tehcnical issues or downtown for site, Etsy.

If yes, it will say there have been technical difficulties either reported by the owners of the site, by the hosting provider, or by users of that site and usually provides a link to that websites latest social media posts on twitter and facebook where the website has posted about being aware of the down time, why the site may be down, and how long they expect it to take before it is fixed.

Comes in real handy! I have Windows 7 on both my computers and this works with Firefox and IE so I imagine it will work with Chrome too. Not sure about Safari.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just renewed something on Etsy and it worked. Of course it is hours later than when you posted.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting information Tiger. Thanks for sharing and I'll keep it posted for future use.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: