eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bulk import of products

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DFWairparts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:59 pm    Post subject: Bulk import of products Reply with quote

Howdy folks....
I am trying to import a few 1000 items form my website to ecrater using bulk upload but I can not figure out how to add google attributes on the upload file.
I looked thru the forum but I did not find any helpful info.
If you can direct me to a post with details or post a few detail steps it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I would suggest you contact eCrater using the contact form from the home page of eCrater. I don't recall this question being asked in the forum. The directions do not include columns for attribute titles and attribute values.

We are allowed to add attributes to the end of our descriptions in a special code. You would enter [!title:value!] and this is explained in the FAQ section of the forum in the FAQ concerning Google Attributes. It is critical that you use both the open bracket and exclamation point AND the exclamation point and close bracket with no space except between words in value. In other words, [!brand:General Electric!] is ok because the only space is between the two words in the value, but you must not have any other spaces. Many of us still use this system instead of using the table form because it's quicker (especially if you use the copy feature to create a new listing and the attributes stay the same). Since you have entered some items manually, you can see the attributes at the end of each description from the admin view, but they are not visible to the public.

If you contact eCrater and learn that there is the option of adding two extra columns to your bulk list, it would really help the community if you returned and shared your experience.
DFWairparts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Sheila.
Your comments were helpful understanding how to do it in the item description section. I will try to contact ecrater directly and see if there is any other way to do it because with 6000+ items to work with I will have to find some way to do it in bulk because it is not feasible to do it item by item.
I will post details of their reply if indeed there is another way to do it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I will have to find some way to do it in bulk because it is not feasible to do it item by item.

Many or I should say most of us did it by hand! It was something google threw at us quite a few years ago. I had around 8000 listings at the time. A definite pain!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can certainly understand why you don't want to do it manually though.
SupremeKitchenBath

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:34 pm    Post subject: Bulk editing Reply with quote

Did anyone find a solution for editing listings in bulk?
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In either direction (import and export)
SupremeKitchenBath

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:02 am    Post subject: bulk editing Reply with quote

So you do know how to do it in both directions? Can you possibly share the instructions? I was never successful when trying to to import a file to ecrater.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: