eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bullszi is booting some categories - Now they've been sold!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:55 am    Post subject: Bullszi is booting some categories - Now they've been sold! Reply with quote

Yesterday Bullszi made the announcement that they were reducing their categories from 33 to just 8. They gave no reason but I believe they are gettinng rid of the categories where scammers abound and the drop shippers. The people that sell in the categories that remain are small sellers. So they are going the opposite way of Etsy, Ebay and Amazon. I think they have a good site. They also charge no listing fees and have a flat 5% now on all sales.
Isn't this interesting?

Here is the announcement from their front page.

Bullszi.com would like to announce that as of April 1, 2016,
Bullszi.com will be changing the site's category list.

These are the only categories that will be available from the actual
list:
- Antiques
- Collectibles
- Crafts
- Dolls & Bears
- Pottery & Glass
- (Vintage) Apparel & Accessories
- (Vintage) Art
A new category will be added:
- Handmade

Last edited by lastade-designs on Tue May 03, 2016 7:41 am; edited 2 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Never heard of Bullzi before. Do they have visibility? Sales?

I just looked at the site. Not much there. I'm assuming it is just getting off the ground.

Last edited by thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat on Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is similar to Ecrater. They use Google attributes so they must submit a feed. I only have about 100 items listed and get 2 to 3 sales per month. They do not have a forum but their contact desk is very helpful. I have had sold on there for 3 years and I like the site. It will be interesting to see what direction this goes in.

I just looked at their about page and they have been going since 2011.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastade, to this day I don't think to search for info online. Thanks for reminding me that I need to join the 21st century.

If they are using google attributes are they requiring that you put your address and telephone number on your listings or contact page? I'm down to about 1 sale a month here now with about 5000 items listed. I refuse to put my personal info out for all to see.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up a long time ago, but I just feel it won't be found at all. I am surprised you got sales.
But that would be my next place to try, if I want to add more work.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I get sales because I am in a niche market. Have you seen their main page? I think that they have a very nice front page. If you click the Here button on their main bullszi.com page you can read their terms.
I signed up a long time ago. I chose store sign up back then. I don't really know what you have to do to start up but I don't think it is that hard to get started. It is very similar to Ecrater. They have the main marketplace and you have a storefront. If you look at a listing of mine you can see the town and state I am from. Your phone number does not show.
If you look at my page you will see it is very simple. https://bullszi.com/LaStade

You can see I have no feedback after all this time. You can also see the gorgeous model of the hat.
The model is --me! LOL. Hello everyone!

I don't think anyone should give up on Ecrater but this is a nice place to try if you sell in these categories.

Last edited by lastade-designs on Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While I'm not adverse to trying new marketplaces, visibility is the key. There are literally hundreds of small places like this that have popped up the last few years. Without visibility, we're deluding ourselves that they are nothing more than just busy work and will slowly wither and die. I have personally never seen a Bullszi listing in GS.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
While I'm not adverse to trying new marketplaces, visibility is the key. There are literally hundreds of small places like this that have popped up the last few years. Without visibility, we're deluding ourselves that they are nothing more than just busy work and will slowly wither and die. I have personally never seen a Bullszi listing in GS.

I agree with you. Visibility is the key From their about page:

- All items are fed on a regular basis to various Product Search Engines and various Social Media sites.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I like the idea of being able to choose to search by description, but not the part of removing categories. Simplicity is not the best course of action in my opinion. I would rather see more categories here (and other selling venues), and Bullszi would not help in that department. I already have to shoehorn various titles, and although some are also 'collectibles' many still think of them as 'toys'. The addition of product tags is nice too. Wish ecrater would use them.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that the reason they may be removing categories is because they wish to have a marketplace where they can offer items that can't be found in big box stores or from drop shippers. Do you remember the beginning of online selling at Ebay? That is how it started. We little guys put Ebay on the map. The sellers at Ebay did not have cheap mass marketed junk back then. I sold collectibles that I would find at estate auctions. I loved it. I had some cool stuff to sell. A lot of stuff was very nostalgic to me, stuff I remembered from my childhood. It was an exciting time when all they had was auctions. Then it changed.
I am glad Bullseye is going back to categories that mean something to me. I think they are doing the right thing.
I have been reading negative reviews lately about our site here. These people are mad at the site and blame the site for scammers. They don't seem to realize that it is the seller that they should be mad at. There are many stores that have their items showing for sale that have not been active for years and these people buy from them without investigating the feedback, faqs or about page. Most of the negatives are about electronics. Maybe Bullszi wants to get away from those type of categories.
Who knows? I know that I am ready for this business to change into something more positive. Maybe to simplify is the answer.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:

They are pretty caring about the whole thing, I just didn't want to list with more work. but it really can't hurt.
I wish ebay could get knocked off the planet, be so much better for all.

I would recommend them, and will probably start some time, they want to be relevant.
normasbath

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

hmmmm.. that place sounds familiar. Confused
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bullszi.com has now reopened their site and for anyone that is looking for an alternative to Etsy, it is a good place. You do not have any listing fees and the commission is 5%. If you create anything handmade I would take a look at this site. It is very similar to Ecrater. I have been selling on it for 4 years and I like the changes they have made.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what's their relationship with google shopping? i don't mind fees, but only if you actually put my products in google search like ecrater. otherwise, it's totally pointless.

and i also do great on etsy, but they also make my products very visible in google shopping.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From their website about -
- All items are fed on a regular basis to various Product Search Engines and various Social Media sites.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: