eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

HELP! fraud

View previous topic :: View next topic  
prettywoman

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:10 pm    Post subject: HELP! fraud Reply with quote

i open the online store only 3 months, and i am not a experience online seller, last month i got a order, the buyer sent the payment to my paypal account,and ask me to send the package to other address as this is the gift for his friend, i sent the item to the address which the buyer ask me to send,a week later, the buyer complaint to paypal that he did not authorize the payment he sent. I sent the tracking information and all the e-mail between i and the buyer to paypal. but next day,paypal return the payment to the buyer,and my case is closed. i was so upset, I knew the buyer is fraud.he is using his e-mail address sauceleet@yahoo.com to contact me , and this is the e-mail address is his paypal account which i received the payment from this e-mail, i was thinkking if the people who contact with me is not the same person who send me the money, how can he using the sauceleet@yahoo.com to contact me and send money to me.
any body can give me any suggestion. and teach me how to appeal this case with paypal
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the sale made on ecrater? Doesn't look like you have an open store. If you sold it elsewhere you should take up the issue there not here.
rowsofclothes

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about your problem.

It looks like someone hacked that paypal account and added the yahoo email address to it. The mistake made was that you sent it to a different address than the one posted in the paypal account. You are correct in that the person who contacted you is not the same person who sent you the money.

To be protected by Paypal you have to make sure you ship to the address on the paypal account and it must be a confirmed address. Unfortunately, you will not be able to get your money back.

Next time only ship to the address on record and only ship to confirmed addresses and only ship with delivery confirmation and paypal will side with you.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you sent it to a different address you are screwed. That's a PayPal NO NO.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2007 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even sending to a confirmed address can be chancy...I learned the hard way about that. long story, but something you need to know.

I sold 85 dollars worth of jewelry to a woman in Jacksonville, Fla. She had some really bad fb on Yahoo, but she paid with pp, so i added insurance enough to require a signature and also DC. It WAS a confirmed address, also.
A month later, I get an email from her that it has not arrived. I tried DC online, it didn't work. I went to the PO and they tracked it-had attempted delivery 3 weeks earlier and left a notice. I let her know, but she filed a claim with PP. I tried online tracking again, didn't work-went to the PO and got a copy of the tracking info which I mailed to PP-by this time, the tracking said the package had been delivered, and signed for, at the proper address and signed by the proper person.
Because PP could not track this online-even though I faxed them all the copies of the PO paperwork-they gave her $85 back to her.
The PO has no idea why this didn't show up online-suggested I file a mail fraud report, which I did. Nothing done about it, she still has my jewelry and my money.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: