eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Stripe , PayPal

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vintageblend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:32 am    Post subject: Stripe , PayPal Reply with quote

Hi,
I have now PayPal and Money Order as a form of payment.
One of the customer asked me if he can pay via Stripe.
Can he pay via PayPal with credit card without having account on PayPal or maybe just add Stripe as another option?
What is your experience as a sellers? Does Stripe protects sellers?
I've read that it takes 7 days to get your payment via Stripe. Do you sent item(s) immediately or after you get your funds? Also some magical $15 withdrawn from seller account in case of dispute which is refunded if seller is right? Have you heard about it?
I would really appreciate your opinions.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 7:49 am    Post subject: Re: Stripe , PayPal Reply with quote

UnexpectedBenefits wrote:
One of the customer asked me if he can pay via Stripe.

That seems very odd. Stripe does not have brand recognition even remotely like PayPal. When you make a Stripe payment, you would barely know you were doing so.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds to me that the buyer is aware of the Stripe loophole and is trying to set you up for a scam. most folk don't know who or what stripe does. To name them like that out of the blue smells of a Denmark special.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming that perhaps this guy is a seller of some sort so that he knows about Stripe, I use both Stripe and PP with no problems. Some buyers refuse to have anything to do with PP and want another option for paying. One of my first sales here many years ago was an ebay customer that didn't want to pay with PP so I listed the item here and she paid with GCO (now no longer available). Most customers have no desire these days to go out and buy a money order, pay for a stamp and an envelope to mail it to you before their order can be shipped.

For every venue on the net, someone somewhere will have bad things to say about it. I always wonder how many of those that are complaining are doing so because Stripe or PP or whomever caught them doing bad things. Not saying that a system can't breakdown, but it shouldn't be something to worry about. A lot of us here use both PP and Stripe without problems. Yes it takes awhile to get your payment at the beginning with Stripe, but then as you prove yourself as a seller that timing gets very short. I had a huge order last night paid through Stripe and the payment was already in line for transfer into my account before I even prepped the order. I will probably have it in my account by tomorrow or Monday at the latest depending on the bank.

As to waiting for the money to hit your bank account to mail, I believe that is a no-no. I'm not positive, but I think eCRATER's rule is that most merchandise (except for custom orders) needs mailed within 5 days. Stripe isn't a fly by night operation and they will deposit your money as they promise. Stripe I believe has more regulations that they have to abide by than PP does by its very nature of being a merchant payment system. PP seems to go by it's own laws and rules. The fee for using it is exactly the same as for PP as well. For me there is no downside.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Stripe , PayPal Reply with quote

Yes, a customer can pay via PayPal without having an account with PayPal. Even if they do have an account, they are given the choice of using a credit card rather than signing into their account. The customer just has to "read the fine print" when they are sent to PayPal to pay.

Once you add Stripe, your customer will have to contact you to pay via Money Order. The option is removed from the checkout system when you add Stripe, but you can still advertise and accept money orders.

At first, Stripe does wait before transferring your funds. I do believe that time is 7 business days to start. As Moon said, after you've had a number of Stripe transactions with no problems, that time can be reduced.

Stripe is a merchant account (rather than a payment service like PayPal). If a customer does a credit card chargeback, a merchant servicing account is required to return the funds to the bank until the chargeback can be resolved. In the case of a chargeback, you will be charged a fee ($15.00) which will be refunded if you win the dispute. (Paypal charges a fee for a chargebacks also.)

I've used Stripe here at eCrater since it was first introduced to us. I've had no problems, but I've had no problems ever with PayPal either. I do find it odd that the customer asked if they could pay via Stripe. Are they also an eCrater Seller?

If you add Stripe, it's a good idea to make sure your name as it will appear on the customer's credit card matches your store. Most incorrect chargebacks seem to come when the customer doesn't recognize the name of the company doing the charge.
vintageblend

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear cosmicray, dccollectibles, Moon and Sheila,
Thank to all of you for these informations.
You really helped me.
Thanks!
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably the person asking to pay via Stripe is a seller.

I use Stripe and PayPal. I've never had a problem with either. I like that I can schedule my money transfers when I want to with PP. Generally I leave it there and use it to pay for small online purchases. My PP money is in my bank the next day after I request it. Stripe takes a few days after they send it.
vintageblend

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Maggie.
Looks like worth to have it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: