eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why doesnt this show up on google shopping?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LTC1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Why doesnt this show up on google shopping? Reply with quote

http://ltc1.ecrater.com/p/24441321/3572463c1-bendix-ec-30-computer
I am not sure why some of my listings show but others do not
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, that is the question! On your listing page do you have a red exclamation mark next to the listing? Do you have a UPC code for this thing?

Sometimes there is no answer as to why some things show and others don't.
LTC1

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No red exclamation and I have a upc code. Its kinda frustrating because we can sell the new part for basically the price of a used that is also being advertised on there thanks for the help!
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt this show up on google shopping? Reply with quote

LTC1 wrote:
Are any of the products in your "My Products" category showing?
It may be that it won't show until you place it in another, more appropriate, category.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Why doesnt this show up on google shopping? Reply with quote

LTC1 wrote:

Your product current appears in the marketplace on this link ...
http://www.ecrater.com/p/24441321/3572463c1-bendix-ec-30-computer-801167

The first keyword, 3572463C1, shows 2 results in GS, but both are from eBay.

What does your Google Shopping Feed tab (left sidebar) say ?
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Get in mind. The Google Shopping isn't free and they have some strange requirements.

Need confirmation. But I believe they require eCrater to send a single file for all the sellers in the marketplace. So if something doesn't fit. It is out of the list.

My recommendation. Focus more in promote your stuff than trying to understand or search items in the "pay to play" engine search of Google Shopping. Wink
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my opinion it is a waste of time to search for where and if your items show up in GS/Google organic/eCRATER marketplace unless you are a very new seller checking to be sure that you got your stuff right when listing for the first few times. If you then keep checking for where your stuff appears and how high up the ladder (search results) then you need to be doing it with an understanding of what you will do to improve their position if you find that they aren't prominent. Then do a check a couple of weeks later to see if whatever you did helped. Otherwise just checking is a pointless exercise in frustration. Not saying the OP did this, this is my thoughts in general as I see many sellers asking why their stuff isn't showing up. What do you plan to do if it isn't showing? Don't forget in Google organic/main search engine the results can be 100's of pages long. If you spend your time trying to find what page you land on and find it is page 151 then you have wasted oodles of time to find out that you need to fix your title/keywords in the title, etc.

I guess I'm just trying to say, have a plan for if you don't find your inventory showing like you would like and institute it for all listings. Don't forget also that potential buyers are not going to do a search using the same parameters that you did. Just because you find your item on page 151 doesn't mean that your customer will - none will bother looking that far. In general, if you aren't on the 3-4th page of a google search, then you aren't going to be found. One of the reasons that putting a long part number as the first item in your title makes no sense unless ALL potential buyers would have access to that number and search that way. Many people that might want a part or a product of some kind will not necessarily know the part number but they do know that the need a 3/16" widget for Ford trucks.

There are all sorts of ways to promote your products, but the first and BEST way is having a good Title and secondly a good description.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest you contact eCrater to see if they could add information on your items in GS. There may be a problem with the way the feed is working for the Global categories you've used. I checked several of your items and none of the items I checked were in GS.

Second, I would suggest you look at your store as a customer, switch to the list view and scan your titles. You have almost no titles that say what you are selling. A part number and the words fuel injector really doesn't give the search engines enough information to find your item. We have 100 characters available to use in our titles and the eCrater search is a title only search.
LTC1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 182 gtin errors I am not sure how this is possible So if there is an error in the gtin I must assume that google isn't going to post it most likely
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you contact eCrater directly as I suggested? They will probably be able to assist you in troubleshooting the problem.
LTC1

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do I do that exactly?
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On this page, http://www.ecrater.com/ , down in the right hand corner. It helps a lot to have this page handy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: