eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi, I am new to ECrater

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CathysMakeupCorner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:35 am    Post subject: Hi, I am new to ECrater Reply with quote

Very Happy
hi everyone. I am a long-time online seller but new to Ecrater. I sell MAC cosmetics and other high-end cosmetics. Check out my store at http://cathysmakeupcorner.ecrater.com/
Feedback or advise would be appreciated.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater. I have a few suggestions, some pics aren't big enough, 800px on one side is best. (Otherwise the item rates lower in the marketplace.) All the info about shipping, fees all of that should go into your FAQ's and term pages, that is a Google requirement. It would also help to have your store name where you have the lip picture, so people will know where they are and hopefully come back to buy again. I hope you have many sales. Also set up categories. http://cathysmakeupcorner.ecrater.com/p/24535273/mac-irresistibly-charming-glitters-and-pigment# is this eye shadow or nail paint? You have 100 spacer for your title, make is easy for people to find your items. Actually you should go through all items, there are many words all strung together with hyphens and no spacers, like this, COLLECTION-EYES/WARM-NEW IN BOX-AUTHENTICShades. Any search engine will read that as one word.
CathysMakeupCorner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you SammysSupplies, i will take your suggestion. Very Happy
CathysMakeupCorner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sammies Supply. i will take your suggestion. Very Happy
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You state in your description that you do not give refunds if the item is not received. While you can't offer tracking on international sales using first class postage, you can insure the package using insurepost.com or similar.

I would interpret your statement as a clue that you are dishonest and not do business with you. Just my read of the situation. Also if the buyer doesn't receive their purchase and complains to PayPal or their CC company, you will lose the case, have to refund the buyer and pay a penalty as well. In comparison, insurance is cheap. You can tack the cost onto the shipping fee.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome. A few suggestions since you asked.

Quote:
Featuring all new MAC and hard to find MAC items.
I'm not sure how well the search engines will pick up on that and match it to MAC make up. I know nothing about makeup for the most part (especially why anyone would spend those prices on it Very Happy ) But that is me. Anyhow you should spend a little time with telling about your store and what you sell in your store on your home page. Like Sammy said, get the boilerplate out of your descriptions and then you will see that your descriptions are short, too many words all in caps (which is considered shouting on line) and too many are run together either with hyphens or words with no spaces between them. this makes for words that the search engines don't know how to handle. Make sure you are very clear in what you are saying with full, complete sentences, such as "-NOT TESTED" what does that mean? Not tested on animals? Not tested on humans? They have not been used at a store as a tester product? They didn't take an SAT exam? Same with "NOT SWATCHEDDangerously " I have no clue what not swatched would mean and would all your customers, not just the better educated ones? The word dangerously I don't think goes with the swatching comment, but shows how you are running words together.

You want what your write and the photos you post to make you look like a high end store not Cathy's bargain bin. I always figure that the more money you are hoping to sell your items for, the more you have to work on your listing since your customer can go anywhere to buy makeup. You want to make an impressive impression from their first glance at your store.

Doing categories will help too as things like lipstick and phone case covers don't really go together.

This is my opinion only as a non-makeup wearing woman of a 'certain age', but that photo of the lips on your home page is creepy looking. Do people really do that?
CathysMakeupCorner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:53 am    Post subject: Feedback as a New Ecrater user Reply with quote

Thank you, MaggietheCatsMeows, I had never heard of insure post before. I will certainly use that on all my sites. Thank you MoonwishesStore, all these listings were imported from My ebay store, so i will be going back and redoing these listings to look better Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@Maggie
Quote:
While you can't offer tracking on international sales using first class postage

Maggie sure you can now. Many countries you can track to as well as offer insurance with first class mail. I get my insurance via endicia. But you are right in that it is the seller's responsibility to cover if something goes missing and you didn't insure your order. If what you are shipping is all easily replaceable, and wouldn't leave you out of pocket much for the cost and shipping, I would skip shipping if you are convinced that the package didn't arrive.
dresstressball

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 3:47 pm    Post subject: re Reply with quote

Welcome! I am new too. Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: