eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

greetings from Spokane
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 7:22 am    Post subject: Re: homemade grain blocks Reply with quote

gbcimages wrote:
Thanks for the reply.I do have my products shipping by priority flat rate prices.medium price 13.45 shipping plus $8 for the 9 lb block and ex large 14 lb block at 18.65 plus $12 for block.I don't use COD that would cost to much.
This shipping my products is new for me.Gary's homemade deer and elk grain blocks is my business name.The only way is to ship single orders by USPS Priority flat rate shipping.The medium block 9 lb is 11x9x5 which fits in a medium box and the ex large 14 lb 11x11x5 fits in a large 12x12x51/2
box. No I don't ship outside the USA.
Hope this clears things a little for you. I thought I had all the information on my store.
Thanks, Very Happy
Welcome to eCrater! You have an interesting product and I hope you do well.

After reading the comments posted, I took a good look at your store and thought I'd add a few tips.

You still haven't reached your goal with your shipping, so here's a step by step to achieve your desired result.
1) After signing into your store, scroll all the way down to Account > Options and click on options.

2) Now scroll down until you see "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" and remove the check in the box. BE SURE to click in the box at the bottom of the page that says UPDATE!

3) Scroll back up and click on Products.

4) Pick your 14 LB item and click on the box on the right that has a pencil to edit your listing.

5) Scroll down to the section that says Shipping and click on the button that says "Flat Rate Shipping to:". As soon as you click on the button, boxes will appear for shipping to US-Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii. (All three appear because some sellers may want to use one shipping company for the lower 48 and a different company for AK & HI.)

6) Since you are editing your 14 LB item and you want to charge $18.65, put that number in the first box for all 3 locations. (Do not add the $ sign.) Since you are not able to offer a shipping discount for multiple items because each one is being shipped in it's own box, add the same amount to all 3 boxes in the second column.

7) Be sure to click on either the Update & Exit or the Update button.

8 ) Now repeat for your 9 LB item showing the $13.45 shipping cost.

9) As a last step, click on the Preview button at the top across from the Manage Products title. This will take you to the home page of your store where you can click on your items to see how your shipping costs will be displayed to your customers.

I think flat rate shipping is confusing for all sellers who are new to online selling. We are actually talking about 2 different things. Flat rate shipping method means you are charging all customers one shipping price no matter where they live in the U.S. The USPS also uses the term to define one of their shipping services as a method where you pay one price for shipment anywhere in the U.S. of a special size box, no matter how much the box weighs. Now, when you come to eCrater and you want to use the USPS Flat Rate service AND you want to use the eCrater flat rate shipping method, it's real easy to get confused. (It reminds me of so many American English words that sound exactly alike, but are spelled different and mean totally different things, like I read a book with a red cover. Laughing )

I have a few more tips, but I have to run some errands. The shipping was critical, the others are just friendly suggestions. Later...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
gbcimages

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Glad to see you at Bullszi too.

thanks,Ya branch out a little.
gbcimages

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Re: homemade grain blocks Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
gbcimages wrote:
Thanks for the reply.I do have my products shipping by priority flat rate prices.medium price 13.45 shipping plus $8 for the 9 lb block and ex large 14 lb block at 18.65 plus $12 for block.I don't use COD that would cost to much.
This shipping my products is new for me.Gary's homemade deer and elk grain blocks is my business name.The only way is to ship single orders by USPS Priority flat rate shipping.The medium block 9 lb is 11x9x5 which fits in a medium box and the ex large 14 lb 11x11x5 fits in a large 12x12x51/2
box. No I don't ship outside the USA.
Hope this clears things a little for you. I thought I had all the information on my store.
Thanks, Very Happy
Welcome to eCrater! You have an interesting product and I hope you do well.

After reading the comments posted, I took a good look at your store and thought I'd add a few tips.

You still haven't reached your goal with your shipping, so here's a step by step to achieve your desired result.
1) After signing into your store, scroll all the way down to Account > Options and click on options.

2) Now scroll down until you see "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" and remove the check in the box. BE SURE to click in the box at the bottom of the page that says UPDATE!

3) Scroll back up and click on Products.

4) Pick your 14 LB item and click on the box on the right that has a pencil to edit your listing.

5) Scroll down to the section that says Shipping and click on the button that says "Flat Rate Shipping to:". As soon as you click on the button, boxes will appear for shipping to US-Mainland, Alaska and Hawaii. (All three appear because some sellers may want to use one shipping company for the lower 48 and a different company for AK & HI.)

6) Since you are editing your 14 LB item and you want to charge $18.65, put that number in the first box for all 3 locations. (Do not add the $ sign.) Since you are not able to offer a shipping discount for multiple items because each one is being shipped in it's own box, add the same amount to all 3 boxes in the second column.

7) Be sure to click on either the Update & Exit or the Update button.

8 ) Now repeat for your 9 LB item showing the $13.45 shipping cost.

9) As a last step, click on the Preview button at the top across from the Manage Products title. This will take you to the home page of your store where you can click on your items to see how your shipping costs will be displayed to your customers.

I think flat rate shipping is confusing for all sellers who are new to online selling. We are actually talking about 2 different things. Flat rate shipping method means you are charging all customers one shipping price no matter where they live in the U.S. The USPS also uses the term to define one of their shipping services as a method where you pay one price for shipment anywhere in the U.S. of a special size box, no matter how much the box weighs. Now, when you come to eCrater and you want to use the USPS Flat Rate service AND you want to use the eCrater flat rate shipping method, it's real easy to get confused. (It reminds me of so many American English words that sound exactly alike, but are spelled different and mean totally different things, like I read a book with a red cover. Laughing )

I have a few more tips, but I have to run some errands. The shipping was critical, the others are just friendly suggestions. Later...

Thank you I appreciate it. Being new at this it's takes awhile for things to sink in.I think I got it this time from checking my products it looks like the right shipping is there. I really want to present it a way that it's not confusing to people and be more professional looking.
Thanks again,
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I was hoping you would show up and help him out! I try, but sometimes I don't make as much sense as I could. I had an awful flare up yesterday and never had the time to check out how he was doing. Glad others can help as well which is what makes this forum so great Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just pinned, G+, and posted these to FB. I think they tickle my fancy because they are homemade, no one else can possibly be selling them, and I know some folks that might enjoy them. Wishing you good sales.
gbcimages

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I just pinned, G+, and posted these to FB. I think they tickle my fancy because they are homemade, no one else can possibly be selling them, and I know some folks that might enjoy them. Wishing you good sales.

You did help Moonwish,and I appreciate it.Sometimes it take longer for things to sink in being new at this if you know what I mean.I'm no spring chicken it takes me longer to get to the top of the hill.
I'm the only one around here who makes homemade grain blocks and mineral licks as far as I know in a population of a few million in the Eastern part of Washington.It's taken around 6 years up to this point to get my name out when I'm the only one who is marketing,trial and error you know.Your not going to make everyone happy that's the way it goes.
It's something I enjoy doing,it's legal and beneficial for both wildlife and people.
Thanks for spreading the word I do appreciate it. Hope things are better for you,and also wishing you lots of sales.
Gary,
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm no spring chicken it takes me longer to get to the top of the hill.

LOL! I don't even try to go to the top of the hill anymore. I had a stair climber to get me up and down stairs but is went DOA in October after hubby and my old boyfriend in Iowa were consulting on it for a year. But now going up and down 20 stairs a day is limited to 2-3 times and that is it. Too much for me. I have bad RA and fake knees besides.

I want every one who plans on being an honest hardworking seller to do good here as the more business one seller gets, the bigger the potential for other sellers to get orders as well. We are all in this together.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry it took so long to get back to this topic. I just checked your store and was surprised to see you are offering to ship the large 14 lb mineral block in a medium flat rate box for $13.45. You said earlier that the large block would ship in the 12x12x5 1/2 large flat rate box that cost $18.65. Did you decide to just lose $5.20 in shipping on every large block sale?

You have spent way too much room in your store talking about shipping. It is much more important to tell the customer what your product is, what it does, how it will benefit them, why your product is best, some of what it contains, the size and weight of your product. Customers can see the cost of shipping posted above in the area for shipping cost. It's really not a good idea to mention shipping in the description unless it is absolutely necessary. (Like a seller isn't going to ship for 3 weeks while they customize a product, etc.) If you want to add the method of shipping you use, add that to an FAQ or to you terms page.

Since you are new to shipping, were you aware that you can buy your postage on PayPal at a discount? After the customer pays on PayPal, go to PayPal and sign-in to your account. You will be able to purchase a shipping label with all the information the post office needs including the shipping barcode which will include tracking and insurance. You can print the label on almost any printer. If you purchase online, your cost for a med. flat rate box will be $11.95 and a large flat rate box will cost you $16.35. You can either pass this saving on to your customer or use the difference to cover your extra shipping cost like your paper, ink, tape, etc related to shipping. Also, depending on your area, your letter carrier should pick up your packages at your mail box with your regular mail OR you can request a mail pickup (free) from the USPS for the next day since you are using USPS Priority Mail.

You need to take a look at your descriptions and add space between words. Here's one example I saw, "zinc,iron,manganese,iodine,protein,calcium" which would be read as one VERY long word by the search engines. You should have a space after each comma. The search engines are programmed to ignore the comma that comes after a word, but is there is no space after the comma it assumes it is still part of the word or phrase. Here's how it should look, "zinc, iron, manganese, iodine, protein, calcium" so that each term can be searched. If someone is searching for a wild animal feeding block that contains iron, you item could be found (if it also says wild animal feeding block). Also, with the photos you posted, you should really play up the aspect of feeding the wild animals at the edge of your woods so you can watch them. If I lived in a wooded area I would think it wonderful to watch the deer come to the edge of the woods to enjoy the nutritional blocks.

Both of your titles need work. Here's one of your titles, "Homemade mineral blocks". Are they for people? pets? cleaning? scrubbing the stove? What are they? How about
Homemade mineral blocks 14 lb lick deer elk nutritional feeding wild animal horses cattle
This title contains 89 characters and we're allowed 100. Some search engines look at all 100, but only display 60 to 65 in which case your title would be displayed in the search engine as "Homemade mineral blocks 14 lb lick deer elk nutritional feeding" for 64 characters. The title doesn't have to sound like a sentence but it should contain enough key words that your item will be found if the customer is looking for anything close.

Please don't think I'm being nitpicky. I really think you've got a good product and I want to see you succeed.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good ideas Sheila.
gbcimages

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Sorry it took so long to get back to this topic. I just checked your store and was surprised to see you are offering to ship the large 14 lb mineral block in a medium flat rate box for $13.45. You said earlier that the large block would ship in the 12x12x5 1/2 large flat rate box that cost $18.65. Did you decide to just lose $5.20 in shipping on every large block sale?

You have spent way too much room in your store talking about shipping. It is much more important to tell the customer what your product is, what it does, how it will benefit them, why your product is best, some of what it contains, the size and weight of your product. Customers can see the cost of shipping posted above in the area for shipping cost. It's really not a good idea to mention shipping in the description unless it is absolutely necessary. (Like a seller isn't going to ship for 3 weeks while they customize a product, etc.) If you want to add the method of shipping you use, add that to an FAQ or to you terms page.

Since you are new to shipping, were you aware that you can buy your postage on PayPal at a discount? After the customer pays on PayPal, go to PayPal and sign-in to your account. You will be able to purchase a shipping label with all the information the post office needs including the shipping barcode which will include tracking and insurance. You can print the label on almost any printer. If you purchase online, your cost for a med. flat rate box will be $11.95 and a large flat rate box will cost you $16.35. You can either pass this saving on to your customer or use the difference to cover your extra shipping cost like your paper, ink, tape, etc related to shipping. Also, depending on your area, your letter carrier should pick up your packages at your mail box with your regular mail OR you can request a mail pickup (free) from the USPS for the next day since you are using USPS Priority Mail.

You need to take a look at your descriptions and add space between words. Here's one example I saw, "zinc,iron,manganese,iodine,protein,calcium" which would be read as one VERY long word by the search engines. You should have a space after each comma. The search engines are programmed to ignore the comma that comes after a word, but is there is no space after the comma it assumes it is still part of the word or phrase. Here's how it should look, "zinc, iron, manganese, iodine, protein, calcium" so that each term can be searched. If someone is searching for a wild animal feeding block that contains iron, you item could be found (if it also says wild animal feeding block). Also, with the photos you posted, you should really play up the aspect of feeding the wild animals at the edge of your woods so you can watch them. If I lived in a wooded area I would think it wonderful to watch the deer come to the edge of the woods to enjoy the nutritional blocks.

Both of your titles need work. Here's one of your titles, "Homemade mineral blocks". Are they for people? pets? cleaning? scrubbing the stove? What are they? How about
Homemade mineral blocks 14 lb lick deer elk nutritional feeding wild animal horses cattle
This title contains 89 characters and we're allowed 100. Some search engines look at all 100, but only display 60 to 65 in which case your title would be displayed in the search engine as "Homemade mineral blocks 14 lb lick deer elk nutritional feeding" for 64 characters. The title doesn't have to sound like a sentence but it should contain enough key words that your item will be found if the customer is looking for anything close.

Please don't think I'm being nitpicky. I really think you've got a good product and I want to see you succeed.

WOW,I really don't know a lot about online selling I appreciate it very much you and moonwish taking the time to help me in this. My knowledge of all this is pretty shallow.I know you all are just trying to help me,it's not nick picking.
Regarding the 14 lb mineral lick,it's the same size as the 9 lb grain blocks which are 11x9x5 and I can fit them into the medium flat rate box.I dropped the larger 14 lb block because of the higher shipping cost .I believe if I sell many it will be the medium flat rate box price.

Regarding the titles and descriptions I'm going over them today and redoing them .I like the way you done them.
Again thank you and if I can be of any help or you have any questions feel free to contact me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: