eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

No lookers/hits indicated on Admin page

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:06 am    Post subject: No lookers/hits indicated on Admin page Reply with quote

I usually have at least a couple of lookers/hits every day. The last 15 or so items listed have not had one hit, although previous listings are doing fine, as normal.

Been here for a very long time and have never noticed this before. Yes, I promote regularly.

Thanks for any input~
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget that most of those 'lookers' the first or second day after listing are the webbots and spyders indexing the new stuff. When I list new stuff, the next day I have usually a couple of hits and then I promote them and its a miracle I had 20 hits! Not really it is just the robots doing their thing. Very Happy

In other words, don't worry about it. At least I wouldn't. I have to much to do all the time to worry about whether or not something got a hit or not. Don't forget some procrastinators were finishing their taxes on Monday and may not have been web surfing.
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still nothing on the last 15 I listed.

Could I ask that anyone look at just one of the recent ones, should cause a hit.

Thank you.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisia wrote:
Could I ask that anyone look at just one of the recent ones, should cause a hit.

I sorted your store by date and clicked on the first 4 products: Single Along in German, Sarita Montiel, Magic of Hawaii, and Chopin Ballades.

Anything?
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Foxandfish! And those are the only hits I have received. Thank you for spelling it out!!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you listed these recent items just after a feed, you might have to wait a few days till the next for your items to be picked up by the search engines.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@elisia

Looking at your store, and arranging the sort by date, I suspect that most of the recent items are LP albums ?

The titles that I see make me suspect that they are all Used. That may have an impact on traffic.
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It shouldn't, Cosmicray. Still no hits besides 4 indicated above. Not all of my items are records, and some are not played (sealed), further back.

It is surprising there are no hits for days. I don't suspect an issue with my account since you found it.

Have others had hits on most recently listed, I guess is what I was asking.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just clicked on Your patterns (4 items in the second row) and on 4 LP.

Today there is a new STORE DASHBOARD layout, maybe these changes had some temporary impact on the site visibility?
elisia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2016 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Artists. It is difficult for me to determine which items you've clicked. The last items I listed (15 of them) have had little or no activity (mostly from FoxandFish).

I see the change up on Admin page (Store Dashboard....when did that change...lol). A little getting used to. But, still have items not looked at of those 15, all in a row.

I'll have to promote them, guessing.

Just wondered if anyone else had the same dilemma of no hits fr0m recently posted items.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Store Dashboard....when did that change...lol

Yesterday in the middle of me listing an item actually. Boy was that weird!

Quote:
I'll have to promote them, guessing.

No guessing about it. If you want to sell, you have to promote because other than the google feed, no one is going to do any promotion of your store. One caution though. I always promote my new listings the day after I list them as the pictures are in a temporary location for awhile and if you promote before they are in their permanent spot, you get what they call pizza boxes instead of a photo where you are listing.
elisia

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One caution though. I always promote my new listings the day after I list them as the pictures are in a temporary location for awhile and if you promote before they are in their permanent spot, you get what they call pizza boxes instead of a photo where you are listing.

Thanks..didn't know that...
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At times it can only take a few hours, but to be on the safe side and to work in an organized fashion (at least I try) I leave them for the next day.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as adding to Pinterest is concerned, I've noticed that I can pin listings from eCrater right away, which is very helpful (literally, I add listing here, click on preview and straight pin to my boards).

I keep adding listings and with >130 for now, only 2 of them had some problem on my main Pinterest account page (it didn't change after days, when I tried to load them again, but they are all the time visible, when I open a particular board, so it had to be some other issue).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: