eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

AUD - automatic conversion / Global Editor (?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: AUD - automatic conversion / Global Editor (?) Reply with quote

eCrater - "If you ship to AU in your US store, we will automatically convert your prices in AUD and list your products in our AU marketplace."

I have not marked the "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" option in order to have an automatic conversion, but I still (after days) see this tip: "Add prices in Australian dollars for your products and get your products listed in our new marketplace eCRATER AU. This can be done through the Global Editor in seconds!" and my items are not visible on http://artistsunion.ecrater.com.au/.

Is the automatic system not provided anymore?

So, today I used the Global editor to set AUD prices, but then this has to be done every day...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never edited them in bulk. Check "do not auto convert prices in other currencies" if you want to manage them one-on-one (I would personally recommend). The currencies are relatively stable at the moment. Don't forget the processing fee (time, gas, materials) can add some cushion as well in case you're worried about losing money. I usually set mine and check in every once in a while. Only had to drastically edit a handful of times over my tenure here.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You very much for Your response.

In the meantime, after using Global Editor, my items appear online on AU website.

But this new message, AFTER the process have been completed, is confusing:

"Currency auto converting is on. This means that you are also selling in Australian Dollars".

'Currency auto converting is on'? - so, to have it ON, we do need to use first the Global Editor to set prices in AUD (it's not enough to have unmarked the "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" option).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off hand I don't know how to set it up, since mine has been going along ever since they were introduced. DC is right about the prices. I do currency exchange checks and globally edit them if needed every couple of months and ignore them the rest of the time, except when listing something new (or if somethign sales and I see that the price is way off), I will list the current UK and AU price as I go along. Currently I'm using 0.75 for UK and 1.35 for UA as my conversion numbers. Don't forget to leave yourself a bit of leeway as ecrater sets the shipping amount and at times it has gotten close to not being enough. i only noticed problems back in the day when shipping wasn't so much. A few years back those websites accounted for 10-20% of my total sales. No more Sad
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You for Your answer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: