eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to send a PP invoice in another currency?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 4:25 am    Post subject: How to send a PP invoice in another currency? Reply with quote

I have a buyer who asked me to invoice her in CA $. We have agreed on a price in CA $ and she will pay with a CC but I don't know how to invoice her in CA $. My PP account is set up in US $ as are my stores. Does anyone have any experience with this? I haven't a clue where to look for the answer.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Buyer is trying to avoid an exchange rate.
You - as a seller - will have this charge from PP anyway: either in the beginnig, if You choose the option to add this payment to Your account in US $ or - if You choose to accept it as Can $ - You will pay it later during the withdrawal to Your bank.

PayPal states: "You can request payments from almost anyone with an email address, even if they don't have a PayPal account."

So, in Your PP account go to the "Send & Request Payments" page, add Your Buyer's PP e-mail address, then write the required amount and from the drop down menu choose currency - CAD (then, optionally, You can add a note to the Buyer) and click on the "Request a Payment" blue button.

-
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ArtistsUnion wrote:
Your Buyer is trying to avoid an exchange rate.
You - as a seller - will have this charge from PP anyway: either in the beginnig, if You choose the option to add this payment to Your account in US $ or - if You choose to accept it as Can $ - You will pay it later during the withdrawal to Your bank.

PayPal states: "You can request payments from almost anyone with an email address, even if they don't have a PayPal account."

So, in Your PP account go to the "Send & Request Payments" page, add Your Buyer's PP e-mail address, then write the required amount and from the drop down menu choose currency - CAD (then, optionally, You can add a note to the Buyer) and click on the "Request a Payment" blue button.

Do I enter the amount in US or CA before I choose the currency? I'm already losing a bundle on this but since I am trying to sell out I can't very well back out.

-
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Quote:
Do I enter the amount in US or CA before I choose the currency? (...)

You wrote in Your question that You've agreed to receive from You Buyer a payment in the Canadian currency ["We have agreed on a price in CA $"], so add the proper amount in CAD.

If You ever have any doubt, how to proceed with some kind of transaction for the first time, You can always address to the PP customer service (an e-mail or for a faster answer a phone call) - they will help You to make it securely:

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home

Good luck!
-
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are ways to do this at PP Maggie, but it has been so long ago since I did that I can't remember how and they have revamped the site since then.

Does PP automatically exhange your USD into CA for you? If so, sending a request money message and asking in CAD should work so it then comes to you without an exchange.

Good for you for selling some stuff!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moonwishes, my PP account is set up as American and the money goes into a US bank.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know back a few months ago I had a very helpful CSR at PP so you might want to call them and ask for help. I think they are inclined to be more helpful when you aren't gripping about someone done you wrong.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2016 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm starting to think this woman is not serious. She complains about the cost of shipping and I ask her to send me her postal code so I can see if the shipping is too high for her zone. She says she will fill in her address and postal code when she pays. What damage does she think I can do with just her postal code? Haven't heard back from her since I sent her an explanation on how the system worked.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The woman finally understood and has made her purchase. She has never purchased online before.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one in the UK that wanted to purchase a Santa doll. She was so stressed and scared of entering her cc on line, that Christmas had come and gone before she got the courage to finish the purchase. An entire month down the drain. This was on ebay. I spent hours of time coaching her so in that sense I made no money on the deal.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
Moonwishes, my PP account is set up as American and the money goes into a US bank.

I thought, but I could be very wrong about this, that PP would let you hold balance in more than one currency. The problem here may be that you are paying out to an American bank, which in the vast majority of cases, cannot handle anything but USD. A few very large banks can, but they may not be able to receive it thru ACH transfers.

Maybe you can open a Canadian PayPal account (and suffer the 21 day hold on new payouts) ?
viewfinders

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:

Maybe you can open a Canadian PayPal account (and suffer the 21 day hold on new payouts) ?

The only reason I'd want a Canadian PP account is for printing postage. I can only print it in US$ to be mailed by USPS. I have contacted them about being able to print Canadian postage and mail from Canada and yes I can change but I'd have to start all over. My reputation would not carry over.

I rarely have the problem because I almost never have Canadian buyers. Domestic postage is so high. If I take this particular package to the US and mail it first class parcel, the shipping would be half what it is within Canada. Once a package weighs over a kilo, Canada Post is more in line as far as domestic shipping goes and to the US sky rockets. I rarely ship an item that weighs a kilo or more.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: