eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

gtin attribute
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique wrote:
Quote:
I thought tha the UPC and gtin were basically one in the same but guess I was wrong.

"GTIN is an umbrella term, which encompasses item identifiers such as UPC-12, EAN-8, etc.".

See more information here: http://www.gtin.info/

-
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@InnovatedVisions, why would you delete your items? Just because Google Shopping doesn't like them isn't a reason to remove them from your store. They will still show in the Google Organic search, Bing Search, Yahoo search, DuckDuckGo (my favorite search) and other search engines. Plus, if the customer searches from the home page of eCRATER your items would be listed. Deleting your items makes no sense at all.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Invalid GTIN value Reply with quote

Errors:
# of errors 47
Problem Invalid GTIN value

I had over 5000 listed, so no worries (so far).

I only have 47 left with errors. Started out with 90-something with "errors".Ecrater only lets me see a small sample of them at a time to delete them. I cannot see any errors AT ALL showing when I go through my listings page-after page-after page.

Google must be in control of it all, every error item that I have deleted so far seem to have ZERO VIEWS and most all of them so far have been listed here for a very very long time. And every item that I have deleted so far have multiple quantities available and we have NEVER SOLD any at all here (here on ecrater, many of them are regular sellers on other sites).

One thing that I cannot understand is why it is such a BIG issue here on ecrater and we never have a problem with ANY of the other sites that we sell on (other than the 2 annoying "does not apply" boxes at ebay).

I don't know, so far it appears that Google does have a way of slamming the brakes on us here on all items that have errors, somehow.

P.S. We have sold quite a few items through Bing here, those without errors of course. Startpage is our favorite search engine for use, it was designed specifically to get away from Google and refuses to "pull" any of its search results from them (like all of the others do).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I only have 47 left with errors. Started out with 90-something with "errors".Ecrater only lets me see a small sample of them at a time to delete them.

As Sheila asked, why are you deleting them? Are you deleting them and then immediately relisting them? Most of the items in my store is in error, but I'm sure not going to delete a thing! I'm just working at is as I can.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:53 am    Post subject: Why delete them? Reply with quote

Because, all items with precious googles errors are NOT BEING SEEN HERE and is a waste of eCRATER'S bandwidth to leave up and a waste of my time to try and fix them all over and over and over again only to get hit with errors again weeks down the road.

0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views 0 views

Google will go down in History as the worst thing that had ever happened to the internet, wait and see. Total Control is the goal and Our "reach" as sellers have (already) narrowed and is no longer World-Wide as it was before Google. Our grasp of it will get smaller and smaller and smaller, until we are all finally pushed out. Time will show, ever notice how the bulk of your sales seem to be coming only from certain states/countries now? I used to ship to dozens of different states and countries every time I went to the post office and now I get like 2 packages sold to AZ, 2 packages sold to CA, and 2 packages sold to HI (for 1 shipping day, sold on three different venues) and nothing else (real example, 2-2-2). We have a lot to worry about, we are already being restricted.....and this is just the beginning. Google will go down in History as the worst thing that had ever happened to the internet.

*update- oh, almost forgot there were also 2 packages going to the UK on the same day (still have the receipt).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem is if you delete listings, then no one will ever see them. Are you factoring in that as of June 1 all the hits reset to zero? I just spot checked my inventory, especially ones that show a google 'problem' of some sort. Considering this is just the 4th, the majority of my inventory has hits and more than just one.

Have you done any promoting of the listings that you are deleting? Like pin it to Pinterest and also G+ the item and see what happens?

I don't recall anyone else having problems of things not getting hits like this. How long has it been going on? Have you asked the eCRATER team if they can see what is the problem?
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did not know about a June 1 reset. That may explain it but I do know one thing, every item that I have deleted with errors so far have never sold here and many of them sell good on other venues, so people will still see them.

I have never tried any promoting and would not know where to even start (I am from the old school days when all you had to do was list an item and wait for the sales to come in).

I have never asked the eCRATER team, did not know that we had one. I would like to know what a seller has to do here to be "google compliant" enough to sell a car decal as it appears google does not want them sold here.

I would also like to know why they allow sellers here to sell PDF copies of COPYRIGHTED Service Manuals. I have 10's of Thousands of ORIGINAL "legal" Service Manuals that are obviously google compliant and 2 bootleggers have just about put me out of business selling them.

Last edited by InnovatedVisions on Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can contact staff by going the right hand corner of this page: http://www.ecrater.com/ You can also tell about the bootleg copies. That page is valuable, lots of info. I enter the community and my store through the home page. People do pin repair manuals to pinterest and I would think a blog would be a good way to go.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-You SammysSupplies, I will give it a try as they are in violation of eCrater's Terms of Service Agreement

Terms of Service
Section 4.5 What is not allowed to post?
- Copyrighted or trademark materials (images & texts)
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would also like to know why they allow sellers here to sell PDF copies of COPYRIGHTED Service Manuals.

After a certain amount of time (which I don't know what it is), even copyrighted items go into the common domain. Would that be the case here?

Unfortunately the old days of list and wait are long gone. You have to really promoted and there are many threads here on ways to do it.

There is an ecrater team. They are small but mighty. You never get canned replys but genuine posts from the team and at times even fom ecrater's owner! Because they are small, they may not get back to you in 5 minutes, you may have to wait a day or two, but they will.

On the first of every month all hits reset back to zero. In a way this is very good as when you do see hits they aren't old hits from 2 years ago, but hits within the past 30-31 days. This can help you see what people are looking at. Some of my items get hundreds of hits a month aand don't sell and then I sell something with only 2-3 hits. So for the most part I don't pay too much attention to hits. Don't forget that many hits can be the bots or whatever they are crawling around the web and when a seller asks questions their store can get random hits from others on the forum ehecking out your store to try to understand your problem.

That being said, I was averaging about a sale a day and then the new UPC thing took over in the middle of May. Since then my sales are in the toilet. Only 3 sales since May 19! Frustrating as I do promote, but it takes a long time to get all those UPC entered into the attributes and I have plenty of fresh new listings to do as well.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"after a certain amount of time even copyrighted items go into the common domain"

interesting, that means there are millions of car decals that I could be doing that I have been told that I could not do

Do you know how long Coca-Cola has been around?

Do you know that you can only renew copyright on an item so many times?

Do you know it is very illegal to make and sell Coca-Cola Decals?

Do you know that i as a seller will get into trouble if I list a decal that even sounds like it could be "remotely related" to any Copyrighted item?

Here's the wonderful response from the "eCRATER Team"

Hello *,
Thank you for your email. The owner of the copyright would need to file a
DMCA notice.

I HOPE THEY ALL DO, ONE DAY.
And I hope the above type response holds them all liable. All they have to do is LOOK at a Service Manual to see that they are Copyrighted.

Terms of Service says you cannot not post Copyrighted images and texts........ but you can sometimes.............UGH!

THANKS FOR THE FAST RESPONSE eCRATER Team
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am offended by people who cheat by selling pdf copies of copyrighted material. I have sent the copyright owner a notice of items I've found on the internet that are copyright violation. Some have been delighted to receive my email and have gone after the copyright violators. In most cases, it had nothing to do with anything I sell, I just found it offensive that people were trying to make money by selling copies of someone else's work.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank-You for doing that SheilaDeesPostcards,

I tried that a while back, sent quite a few letters by mail to no Avail. I was thinking that if I could get just a few to file that ALL of the venues would regroup and rethink the dishonest activity that they are allowing and put an end to the obvious illegal activity.

I just want an honest, level playing field, nothing else.

Every venue tends to have bad apples that can and do get away with anything and it is not right, it is not fair, and it is not honest. At best.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
interesting, that means there are millions of car decals that I could be doing that I have been told that I could not do

I should have said the public domain. But that does not mean YOU can decide when a copyright AND the copyright extension is over. You have to know the rules particularly well, and I wouldn't go after Coke with a ten foot pole hoping something is out of copyright. I'm sure they have a host of lawyers making sure that doesn't happen.

Most things copyrighted during our lifetime aren't going to lose that until we are dead. It is safer to not try. You at least understand that there is an issue of copyrights. We have had a seller here that could not understand why her handdrawn Walt Disney characters were out of compliance since she drew them herself. Sure go work for Disney if you are that good, but you can't make money using Disney characters. Another one with a host of lawyers.

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:14 am; edited 1 time in total
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Case in point MoonwishesStore, Thank-you
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: