eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

gtin attribute
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have given up reporting violators. There are too many out there, especially with patterns. They buy my vintage patterns just to scan and sell pdf copies. Patterns from the 70's, 80's to now are still under copyright but these people are happily scanning away. I used to report them but they are still around.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been working for two weeks is not more at this point trying to get a bad seller taken down off of Amazon. I bought something and had to wait forever for it to arrive. He violated many Amazon policies and I gave him a negative. Then saw the next day that my feedback was gone. I have been checking, documenting, and reporting to Amazon about this guy and the last letter I got back from them sounded like the guy had a finger up his nose. "I don't understand what you wat done." Well lets see, according to about 20 negatives if not more that I missed seeing in the last two weeks, he tells Amazon that he shipped the item two days after purchse which is Amazon policy, only he doesn't. Then evenutally when buyers get irate and write to him he might or might not drop ship it to them (she also drop ships in a way that is against Amazon policy). He rarely communicates with any buyer but when he does, he is rude and basically tells them to go for A-Z. Guess what this guys feedback is with all those negatives? It is 98% as he somehow has an in with someone at Amazon to have all his negatives removed! So I keep reporting ONE person for violations and it seem to go nowhere and he keeps scamming buyers thinking with a 98% he should be a good seller. HA!

I'm not sure I've turned anyone in for violations here. I don't understand this burning need to make money so much that you will cheat and steal to do it. I know what it is like to be broke and count every penny, but that doesn't give you liberty to steal others work.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe in divine justice for these scammers. What goes around, comes around.
InnovatedVisions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Copyright LAW does not matter unless the owner says it does Reply with quote

"We have had a seller here that could not understand why her handdrawn Walt Disney characters were out of compliance since she drew them herself. Sure go work for Disney if you are that good, but you can't make money using Disney characters."

In the meantime, there is a seller here that draws and sells Star Wars portraits, a whole bunch of them making money using Star Wars characters.

Disney now OWNS the rights to Lucasfilm

Dishonest Playing Field : Hypocritical
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject: gtin Reply with quote

here it is 2020 and February at that. I have 120 items, which are google rejects reason is Invalid attribute: gtin. Is there a way that all 120 items can be isolated? I want to study them.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:56 pm    Post subject: Google Attributes Reply with quote

I finally gave up trying to figure out how to do the attributes here on eCrater as it is so much different than other sites I use/have used...I contacted eCrater support for help. Their responses and assistance was extremely helpful, so I would advise contacting support and asking what specifically is needed for your categories of items.
PartsGalore

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 4:49 pm    Post subject: Re: gtin attribute Reply with quote

heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique wrote:
Thank you for responding so quickly.

I did put identifier_exists in the first column and false in the second and clicked update. Ecrater said " This attribute is not supported by Ecrater. Please enter brand and gtin or upc.

I happen to know that google accepts the identifier_exists because I read up on the google information. Why would Ecrater rejects this I have no idea.

"FALSE" must be in all caps....
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Fri May 08, 2020 6:18 pm    Post subject: FALSE Reply with quote

Thanks I will try that and get back to this topic.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 09, 2020 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Code:
"FALSE" must be in all caps....

I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. False can be written with small letters, capital letters or a mixture. in the attribute name column, everything has to be in small letters, but the attribute value column that is not the case, nor doesn't everything have to be capitalized that is in that column.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject: While we're on the subject... Reply with quote

how should the attribute "adult" be properly used? In Google's varied and sundry marketplace rules, it shows "yes" "true" and other stuff but never in the same place and specific to different feeds. But since we don't know how things are being fed by ecrater, they won't say, and google agents require an ID to answer, well, just about anything...who the heck knows.

You may well ask "why should it matter? Do one and see if it gets rejected and you'll know" But that isn't the reality. First you have to wait at least 2 weeks to know anything because the feeds do take time to reflect. Second, not everything gets disapproved. Some items just get suppressed like good 'ol CL is famous for doing. And how are you supposed to know anything if don't have a way to look it up? It's like a game we're not supposed to win.

P.S. This question is not limited to that one attribute of course. It applies to anything--such as identifier_exists--that requires a yes, no, true, false answer.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
It applies to anything--such as identifier_exists--that requires a yes, no, true, false

I have only heard that 'identifier_exists' has the option of only two answers and they are NO or False. If the answer were actually a yes then you would be using the actual attribute and the appropriate attribute value.

I have found over the years that for some of my listings I never lose the red exclamation point which is something eCRATER does to help identify listings that need the attributes looked at.
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:49 pm    Post subject: Re: gtin attribute Reply with quote

heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique wrote:
I am hoping that someone out there can help me.

I have several items that do not have the gtins as the tags are missing.

Does or did anyone have the same problem and what did you do?

Thank you in advance.

Linda

What I do, when I have an item that I KNOW has a UPC but tag or packaging is missing, is look the item up and hope I find one for sale WITH the UPC listed. If I don't find one I use identifier_exists / false and hope it's not rejected.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2020 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I've done that too. Don't forget checking other selling venues pics and even youtube reviews can be helpful at times. Some of the lazy so-and-so's at ebay wouldn't even dream of putting in that effort lol.
secretarybird

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:33 pm    Post subject: Re: gtin attribute Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
What I do, when I have an item that I KNOW has a UPC but tag or packaging is missing, is look the item up and hope I find one for sale WITH the UPC listed. If I don't find one I use identifier_exists / false and hope it's not rejected.

This should be somewhat helpful

https://www.upcitemdb.com/

And if you still can't find an exact match, pick something close. I doubt anyone is going to bother complaining.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2020 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT

This is how it starts. People in a hurry or not bothering to get the right gtin. Google believes the lie and when the right gtin is used it's not recognized. It creates a problem from then on. Sure you could go to the trouble of proving your information but that's a lot of extra work as we can't simply request a listing review; none of us have listings running through our google mcid. It's under ecrater's account.

So please just don't. Use identifier false and let it work itself out. I can almost guarantee someone will find the information eventually, just have to keep an eye out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: