eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Getting active again

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ADDIERAESATTIC

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 6:37 pm    Post subject: Getting active again Reply with quote

Hello,
I haven't been as active with my posting to sale as I have in the past. I need an updated shipping list and was wondering if anyone has one they would be willing to share or if I could find updated shipping cost at the USPS.com site.
Also, should I delete my listings and start over as I have sold several items at Yard Sales and such. Although, I do go in and try to update when I sold something outside of ecrater.
Thank you in advance for any information you are willing to help me with. I feel like I am starting ALL over again. Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
elpereles

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here in the USPS

http://pe.usps.com/

My recommendation only delete the sold items and update available if necessary.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2016 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back. I agree not to delete items you still have.

I also suggest you remove all things like this in the titles. Google hates them.

L@@K!!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would also take some time going through your listings to be sure that you have each item, that each listing is written correctly AND NO ALL CAPS DESCRIPTIONS! I would alos expand your descriptions.

Remember that your titles are allowed 100 characters so use as many as possible. For instance "Santa Paws Photo Cards" you could add 12 cards and envelopes to the title and still probably have room for the keyword Christmas.

I would go through and fix some of your photos and get rid of the photo dates. Seeing a date of 2010 on the formal McClintock dress will tell the buyer that they are looking at a dress that is at least 6 years out of date.

For sure you need to check your shipping as your prices don't make sense. An example is the pet cards above. You have shipping as $5.50 which is way too high for first class shipping, but doesn't cover Priority mail at this point. I was also seeing some items for $2.50 which is too low for a 1st class package rate as it barely covers the actual cost with nothing left over for shipping supplies.
ADDIERAESATTIC

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for your help. Would it be possible for someone to send me a screenshot of their shipping matrix?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2016 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that a screen shot of someone else's matrix is going to help you much. Too many variables. Such as do you use e-postage or go to the PO? I use my matrix as item numbers shipped since for just about everything I ship since they are patterns and I have the matrix set up to give the right postage per item number. If you would be setting up your matrix by weight, that is very different.

Your best bet is to go to the USPS website and see what they charge for items by ounces or pounds, Anything over 15.9 ounces is now Priority (unless it falls under media mail). Or if you have e-postage, that will be right in your program and you can check amounts there.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my Matrix technically custom.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ADDIERAESATTIC wrote:
Thank you all for your help. Would it be possible for someone to send me a screenshot of their shipping matrix?
The beauty of the shipping matrix is it's flexability. I have 4 stores, have the shipping matrix completed in all and all 4 shipping matrix are different. In 3 stores the matrix is the primary shipping and one uses the matrix as the backup for USPS calculated.

If your matrix was working well for you before, it would be a simple matter to look at the current USPS rates and update.

Here is a link to a "chart" on the USPS site that has all the current rates. http://pe.usps.gov/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm
It also shows both the retail and commercial rates. The retail rate is charged at the USPS counter AND on the USPS online site (as of this year). If you purchase your postage on PayPal or a paid service, you are going to pay the commercial rate.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: