eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Want to doublecheck a few things before re-opening my shop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 4:40 am    Post subject: Want to doublecheck a few things before re-opening my shop Reply with quote

Hi, everyone!

I had put my shop on hold a couple of years ago, because of health problems, and then a non stop run of emergencies.

I re read the various sticky notes, and have just browsed thru selling on eCrater. Based upon what I have read, is it safe to assume that there have been no major changes to how things work here? The dates on a lot of these threads seemed OLD.

I had also seen a few references that Google shopping is now some sort of paid service. What's the deal with that? Should I still be working with the Google attributes, when I put together a listing?

I'm also open to any advise or being pointed to ANY pertinent forum thread to help me re-establish "my sea legs" here.

Thanks in advance, for any pointers, and info!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Based upon what I have read, is it safe to assume that there have been no major changes to how things work here?

Not sure when you left, but do you know about fees when you sell something through the Marketplace? This is part of the nonsense that Google will only show items in shopping if a fee has been paid. So now eCRATER takes a fee to help pay for that promotion.

YES, you still have to mess with attributes. One major one is the UPCs. If you are selling something new especially, you need a UPC in the attribute.

Not sure why you are only seeing old posts as there has been plenty of posting although maybe as not before. Be sure to check the seller's only thread, the help thread and the selling on eCRATER thread.

Be very sure to check your postage amounts since prices have gone up and International shipping has skyrocketed.

Welcome back. Don't have time to look at your store right now.
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Nothing is live yet, because I'm not sure how much fixing I need to do to the listings that I put into reserve.

I didn't stumble across anything that mentioned fees. Is it safe to assume that it's a FVF?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I re read the various sticky notes, and have just browsed thru selling on eCrater.
I'm not sure where you found the info on selling on eCRATER, but a lot has changed in the last two years! Some of the changes are optional changes, but some are really important. I would strongly suggest you go to the home page of eCrater, click on FAQ, then on the next screen click on Selling, then I would suggest you read every topic. Next I would suggest you check the "News & System Status" forum here in the community. The marketplace fee was introduced a little over 3 years ago. Next, I would suggest you come to the forum, sign in (so you can see the eCrater Sellers Only topic, and do a "Search for Author" ecrater and select the Forum: "eCRATER Sellers Only" and review the topics that appear to be changes in the last 3 years.

If you have questions after you've "read" yourself up to date, let us know. There's help here, but you really need to to have an idea of the changes. I wouldn't delete your items because there may still be active links to some of the items floating around the internet.
UknowUneedAnother

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2016 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything you just said is exactly why I asked. I did find the FAQ pages and read about the fee. The percentage is nominal, and I would have no problem with paying it.

I haven't deleted anything, but am not going to make it live, either, until I get myself "back up to speed".

I had been reading some of the threads, but also hadn't realized how long I had been away, until you said that the fees began 3 years ago. I vaguely remember the Australia, GB, threads, so it HAS been at yeast the 3 years.

I appreciate the time, and your suggested start points. I did look at the News threads, but wasn't sure where I should start. The dates seemed pretty old there, too.

But on the flip side, the older dates are also indicative of stability. And that's a good thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: