eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie from New York
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
newyorkbookmarket

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 5:46 am    Post subject: Newbie from New York Reply with quote

Smile Hi Everyone, My name is Meri Torres and I am from a small town called Leroy in Western New York. I look forward to meeting other sellers on here.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Hope you don't mind a comment or two? Most of your pictures are sideways. That needs fixed. I assume you used a cellphone for them? That happens to pictures from a cellphone loaded up to a selling venue. I see it on Amazon at times. My son had trouble with it until I clued him in.

Also I see that your store name is a book market and then it looks like you are planning to sell batteries, beauty items, and electronics. I'm not sure why you want to sell those in your book store, but the combo is going to 1. give you problems with postage as books can ship via media mail at a lower cost, but you mix other items in and depending on the type of shipping you set up it is going to make buyers want to get media mail for the batteries. That is a big no-no. 2. If you are a bookstore, look like a book store. Book buyers want to see books in a book store not an eclectic bunch of other stuff. iMHO that is a dedicated reader.

You are allowed to have more than one store here so if you have a burning desire to also sell lipstick you can set up another store for the lipstick, etc.

Are you aware that electronic sellers have some of the worst problems selling. They get scammed by buyers buying something then say it didn't arrive, or it arrived broken, or it doesn't work. If they actually return something, it many times is not what they bought. Anyhow keep your eyes and ears out when listing and selling them.
newyorkbookmarket

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:04 am    Post subject: New York Book Market Reply with quote

Hello, and thank you so much for your response. I have been trying to figure how to get the pictures to not be sideways like that???? You are right, I do plan to open a separate store for the beauty, but not on ecrater. The batteries I have been trying to sell for over a month now. Do you have any advice on the pics??? It would be greatly appreciated.

Meri Torres
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, that isn't my field of expertise. We do most of our photos on a scanner or use a camera if needed then process them via a photo editing program. Other sellers here I'm sure will tell you sometime when they are on line during or after the holiday.

Oh if I remember right with the batties, you didn't list an expiration date which most batteries that I come in contact with have. Nobody wants to buy something that is maybe been expired for 2 years - and some sellers would try that.
newyorkbookmarket

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:03 am    Post subject: New York Book Market Reply with quote

Hello, I have already figured it out and fixing all pics now. People continue to misunderstand me when I say that I am selling electronics. As far as electronics go, I would never sell laptops, tablets, cell phones. What I meant by electronics was headphones and I have decided to sell them another way and not on Ecrater. This is not my first time selling stuff, just my first time on Ecrater. Thank you for all your advice. It was greatly appreciated.

Meri Torres
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are quite welcome. Some newbies no matter if they have sold elsewhere or not, don't want any advice even if they ask for some. There is always an excuse why it won't work for them! Laughing We have even had 'sellers' that have done all their listings in caps with not even a space between sentences and we tell them that is the equivilant to yelling at someone on line and their response is, that is how I write! Same as the 'texting' spelling.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome to eCrater. I hope you have many sales. Very Happy
newyorkbookmarket

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:18 am    Post subject: New York Book Market Reply with quote

Hi Sammy, and thank you for the welcome. I hope you have many sales as well.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome. Believe me having a book store that sells other things is one big headache. Mine has mostly gone to wreck and ruin.
newyorkbookmarket

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 9:56 am    Post subject: Newyorkbookstore Reply with quote

Why has your store gone to ruins and how???
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER! I've had only a few books listed here but they've gotten A LOT of views. I hope you do well Smile
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right now this shop is not online.

I see only "no such seller" info.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that was quick! I didn't see anything significantly wrong with the store the day I popped in other than the sideways photos.
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
newyorkbookmarket wrote:
What I meant by electronics was headphones and I have decided to sell them another way and not on Ecrater.
(...)
The batteries I have been trying to sell for over a month now.

Maybe She decided to move also batteries to other shop.
-
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were books listed as well but everything is gone.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: