eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie from New York
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Text deleted.
Due to some temporary technical error, I didn't see my message online and added it again (see below).

Last edited by ArtistsUnion on Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:00 am; edited 2 times in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ArtistsUnion

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, as a 'bookmarket' should have.

But as buyer, I didn't see a problem for Her to have also an additional category for batteries, etc.

Quote:
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Believe me having a book store that sells other things is one big headache. Mine has mostly gone to wreck and ruin.
newyorkbookmarket asked:
Why has your store gone to ruins and how???

Some sellers choose to have multiple shops, others prefer to run it with different categories.

Dear Maggie, would You be kind enough to share with us Your opinion, why Your shop "has mostly gone to wreck and ruin"?
-
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
But as buyer, I didn't see a problem for Her to have also an additional category for batteries, etc.

Well I'm not Maggie, but one of the biggest problems that book sellers face when adding other items into their stores here on ecrater is the postage. Books can ship media mail, while everything else that isn't media can't. If someone wants to use calculated shipping then on those other items, buyers will chose the cheaper media rate for their package. One listing for batteries can be gotten around that, but when I saw her store, she had categories as if she were expecting to sell lots of other things.

After years of selling books, I switched over to patterns but still had books left and so I had a store of just books. In a year and half, I think I sold 2 maybe? Certainly wasn't worth the bother as the kinds of books I had for sale had gotten to the point that their was a glut of them. I saw one book seller here trying to sell a book that at that point had over 1000 copies for sale on Amazon! I would think unless you are selling more rare hard to find books in the midst of the glut of available books you might do okay. Most PB best sellers are rarely probably going to bring in even $1. I'm glad I switched to patterns as I just couldn't scout for the good books and everyone has heard how quick and easy it is to make a fortune on line selling books and since they aren't 'book sellers' in the old sense of that term, way too many of the same thing. But then for some reason a lot of book sellers started picking up patterns as well and with no knowledge of them depressed their prices .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: