PLEASE HELP! IN TEARS OVER GOOGLE'S NEW ATTRIBUTE RULES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

papereuphoria wrote:
ecrater-moon wrote:
Do not add attributes that are made up or not valid. This will only cause your items to be disapproved. The red text in the admin tool is an eCRATER tool to show you the attributes that are required for that type of product. The quantity of attributes does not matter for listing in Google shopping, adding the attributes correctly does.

If your items do not have the required attributes, you add the identifier_exists FALSE attribute once per product.

em

The colors of my products, the dimensions, the materials, the features, etc., are not made up attributes. Are you saying that for handmades sellers Google does not give us the right to add these descriptions as attributes? Just trying to understand, because sharing the colors of my products helps customers who are seeking that.

I removed all of the attributes from the Note Cards Cupcake Toppers listing, added identifier_exists FALSE only, and the G Attributes window of the product listings is asking me for brand, ean/upc/gtin info, as I shared above.

I know I've shared a lot, but I'll see what happens now, after 24 hrs has passed. Thanks for your help.

No as the post above states, if the item does not have the attribute, you don't add that attribute at all. Your previous post stated you added upc false and this will cause your items to be disapproved

The red text in the admin tool is an eCRATER Tool to show the attributes that Google requires. The identifier_exists FALSE attribute tells Google Shopping that the item does not have the attributes. The red text in the admin tool will still be there, even if you use this attribute.

Information on the correct format for the attributes can be found here.
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en

em
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
opendoor112299

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just input
" identifier_exists" in Attribute name column and "FALSE" in Attribute column for any product don't have BRAND,EAN/UPC/GTIN info and neglect the words in red "Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:brand and upc/ean/jan" in the page of "Manage Google Attributes".
Is that correct and comply with the Google attribute terms?

On the other hand, I find the color of google button which located at the bottom of right hand side in the page of " Manage Products" changed to light blue once I input the "identifier_exists" &"FALSE". So,

1) Can the relative product approve by google ? Is there any problem arise?
2) Why the color of google button changed to light blue? what does it mean?

Thanks for your help!
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have something very wrong on this listing: http://opendoor112299.ecrater.com/p/25436928/necklace-bracelet-flexible-sparking-bing You have an extra space (maybe also just before it) after identifier_exists [! identifier_exists :false!] I know it is wrong because it should not show up in the listing for me to see and it should only be used once for each listing. It should look like this in your listing, [!identifier_exists:false!] Looks like all of your listings have similar problems
opendoor112299

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much to remind me that problem, what can I do now?
I have deleted the attribute identifier_exists but the wrong message is still existing Sad
What can I do to fulfil the requirement if I have no attribute nos.
I beg your advice urgently Rolling Eyes
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully you only seem to have 4 items listed since they all need fixed. The one that Maggie pointed out has something like 7 identifier exists things which need deleted.

Part of the problem as I see it is you don't understand what the word 'Brand' means. I just checked and see that you are selling from HK which is probably where the language problem is coming from. On three of your listings you show the word Brand: New. That would imply that the brand name of the product is New which I doubt. When you see those two words connected in English, It means that the product is new, never been used.

The items that you have listed would definitely have some sort of brand name unless you are making them yourself and you don't mention it. So for Brand you want to say Brand: Acme Halloween supplies or whatever the company is called.

You can either do your google attributes on the page that you come to by clicking the G button next to your listings. You can also put them at the bottom of each of your listings. I wouldn't recommend that for you though. Go to the G page to do your attributes. Unless you are making the jewelry yourself, most of the items SHOULD have a brand of some kind. They should have MPN (manufacturer numbers) which you should be aware of when ordering these items to sell, etc.

Along with get your attributes sorted out, you need MUCH better titles. On the blue jewelry you use the words Bing Bing what does that mean. What does sparking mean? Jewellry is spelled wrong. I assume you meant Bling Bling and sparkling. However most of the words in all your titles are worthless for use as keywords. People won't be using them to look for whatever you are selling, so even though you are allowed 100 characters in your titles here, you have to be sure that they pertinent keywords. Words that people would use to insert into their search engines to find what they are looking for.

Many things to fix. By the way, Christmas is always to be capitalized in English. You need to fix your spelling, your keywords, and your attributes. If you know someone that is a native English speaker from the states, they could perhaps help you with working out your titles and writing skills.
opendoor112299

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, MoonwishesStore,

You are a kind person that you tell me my problems honestly. I am a new seller so I was confused and messed up by the regulations and conditions of online shop set up. Actually, I am really frustrated these days.

I have made amendments on my listing products attributes, would you like to take a look if you don't mind? Embarassed

One more question, I don't understand why the message
"Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan." in red text
is still existing although brand name & MPN number are input accordingly.
Is that normal?

Thanks again for your advice.

Have a nice day!
Very Happy
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All jewelry requires color in the attribute listing put the word color in the left hand column, and in the right side the words blue / silver Make sure you have no spaces before or after the words, same the with identifier_exists and then FALSE
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
One more question, I don't understand why the message
"Missing required attributes for this product. Please include:
brand and upc/ean/jan." in red text
is still existing although brand name & MPN number are input accordingly.
Is that normal?

It is getting late my time and I need to go to bed, but that statement might still show up for several days until the next google attribute upload. I don't know how soon they come down. I have lots of attributes myself to fix ~ 6000+ (down from ~8000+ Very Happy ) and some of what I fixed are still showing the info you mention above. Some I may have listed a UPC number incorrectly or whatever, but it can take time for fixes to 'fix'. Once you think you have it right, don't keep messing with it.

Anymore advice, would probably be wrong since I am falling asleep!
opendoor112299

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Sammys/Moonwishes,
I am happy to hear your advice. So, I will wait for the results coming days.
Hope have a good news.
Good night!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you need to, you can always do a copy/paste of one of your listings, such as the necklace, so we can see how the attributes look. You may have inserted them on the Google page but it is easier for us to see them and make comments about them when we see them with the listing itself. But as I mentioned last night, do remember that making changes may take awhile for them to work their way through the system and show as approved, so it isn't a good idea to keep tweaking a listing. Just show us one, we will try to help you as well as we can and hopefully get you on the right path, so you will understand how to do the attributes.

You haven't been here long enough and so for you and all those that have come and want to cry over attributes lately, when they first came out quite a few years ago, those of us with stores set up and items selling well, suddenly we not only had to figure out those attributes ourselves AND apply them to ALL our listings. Then earlier this spring they started demanding UPCs and gave us about 2-3 months to do that. I have over 8000 items listed so the first go round of adding attributes was rough and then doing the UPCs has been even harder, especially since I could have been adding them with new listings for the last few years but we had gotten the word that we needed only three of the main attributes - brand, MPN, UPC. Since I was already doing the brand and MPN I skipped the UPC since many of my older products don't have one. My sales are way down from where they had been years ago. I am tired off doing all this stuff for Google since I don't work for them nor do they pay me. Google want and NEEDS content for it's search engine, so why make it so hard for us? Evil or Very Mad
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
papereuphoria wrote:
ecrater-moon wrote:
Do not add attributes that are made up or not valid. This will only cause your items to be disapproved. The red text in the admin tool is an eCRATER tool to show you the attributes that are required for that type of product. The quantity of attributes does not matter for listing in Google shopping, adding the attributes correctly does.

If your items do not have the required attributes, you add the identifier_exists FALSE attribute once per product.

em

The colors of my products, the dimensions, the materials, the features, etc., are not made up attributes. Are you saying that for handmades sellers Google does not give us the right to add these descriptions as attributes? Just trying to understand, because sharing the colors of my products helps customers who are seeking that.

I removed all of the attributes from the Note Cards Cupcake Toppers listing, added identifier_exists FALSE only, and the G Attributes window of the product listings is asking me for brand, ean/upc/gtin info, as I shared above.

I know I've shared a lot, but I'll see what happens now, after 24 hrs has passed. Thanks for your help.

No as the post above states, if the item does not have the attribute, you don't add that attribute at all. Your previous post stated you added upc false and this will cause your items to be disapproved

The red text in the admin tool is an eCRATER Tool to show the attributes that Google requires. The identifier_exists FALSE attribute tells Google Shopping that the item does not have the attributes. The red text in the admin tool will still be there, even if you use this attribute.

Information on the correct format for the attributes can be found here.
https://support.google.com/merchants/answer/188494?hl=en

em

Thanks. I read in a Google Attributes instructions somewhere, maybe in some old instructions here, or at the Google site, to add UPC:false. I see now that we are to add identifier_exists:false, which I've been doing.

Decided to delete all of my other attributes and just use the one. Disappointed that I can't add specific attributes for my handmades without being penalized, but have decided to add details like materials, colors, occasion
to the product listing itself.
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just came back to let everyone know that all of my handmades listings are now inserted, since I removed all of my attributes and have been using only identifier_exists:false.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to emphasize: your items are HANDMADE and would so go by a bit different attributes than a factory made item with UPCs.
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Just to emphasize: your items are HANDMADE and would so go by a bit different attributes than a factory made item with UPCs.

Just decided not to use any attributes at all. Will be putting info re: colors, dimensions, occasion, etc., in product description.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Will be putting info re: colors, dimensions, occasion, etc., in product description.

Which of course should be in all product descriptions with or without attributes! I tend to groan and laugh at the same time when some don't have a clue what to write int heir descriptions or use in their attributes and never seem to think of color, size, etc. The very words if they were telling a friend about a new top they just got!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: