ProfileProfile

PLEASE HELP! IN TEARS OVER GOOGLE'S NEW ATTRIBUTE RULES
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
Will be putting info re: colors, dimensions, occasion, etc., in product description.

Which of course should be in all product descriptions with or without attributes! I tend to groan and laugh at the same time when some don't have a clue what to write int heir descriptions or use in their attributes and never seem to think of color, size, etc. The very words if they were telling a friend about a new top they just got!

Often, I find pertinent info left out of descriptions, and have to write the seller and ask, if I feel like it, or don't need it ASAP. Otherwise, I move on and buy it somewhere else.

And you are right, mostly all attributes should be in the product description anyway.

I like it when the listing format at a venue has spaces to fill in for materials, colors, dimensions, etc. Makes listing go so quickly when adding this important info.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use my own template when listing and fill it out in my Access file. So it is copy/paste and all I have to do is change the size and UPC and my listing is ready to go. Especially nice when it is a couple of years between finding one size and finding another! I don't particularly like templates that the companies want us to fill it as they never have enough of what I need and too much of what I don't. One of the reasons I got sick to death of listing things on ebay - it was 5 pages of stuff and at that point in time we only had dial up. It took forever and then I tried eCRATER with one page, plus one more if I have extra photos (I didn't at the beginning here) and I was done and for some reason I was never held up as much here when using dial up as I was on ebay and elsewhere. Now I have satellite and it is great!
papereuphoria

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I use my own template when listing and fill it out in my Access file. So it is copy/paste and all I have to do is change the size and UPC and my listing is ready to go. Especially nice when it is a couple of years between finding one size and finding another! I don't particularly like templates that the companies want us to fill it as they never have enough of what I need and too much of what I don't. One of the reasons I got sick to death of listing things on ebay - it was 5 pages of stuff and at that point in time we only had dial up. It took forever and then I tried eCRATER with one page, plus one more if I have extra photos (I didn't at the beginning here) and I was done and for some reason I was never held up as much here when using dial up as I was on ebay and elsewhere. Now I have satellite and it is great!

Will look into using Access for templates. Seems easy because you just tab over to add info. I guess convert the workbook or table into some sort of report view maybe, and copy and past into product listing? I'm learning to do more with Access. Started studying my book again Saturday night to create new customer database. I have AC 2013.

So happy for you that you have satellite. I used dial-up for several years, until about 2010. Thrilled that I'll never have to go back. Completing eBay product descriptions sounds terrible!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We live out in the country and even cable stops about 1/4 mile before our house if we wanted it we would need a dish. But it was a relief to get the satellite as we had to have two land lines going and one was always down it seemed like due to critters chweing on the wires. Now we know when rough weather is coming, we will lose our uplink for a little while, but not nearly as bad as landline wires being down for days.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remain calm and tell Google where they can put their attributes.

Seriously, nothing has worked ever since the G decided to horn into everyone's business for their own financial gains. We've all bent over backward several times in an attempt to satisfy their requirements. It ain't working. I'm constantly finding ebay listings at the top while the proper items are relegated to the bottom of the page (if you're lucky). You are better off spending your time with other advertising or selling on the side of the road. Myself, I'm almost done with the whole thing. It's stopped being fun or really worth my time about 2 years ago. Now it's just an exercise in frustration on our dime. If things don't turn around this holiday season after this whole frikkin presidential cluster is finished, I think I am done.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: