eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

problems with my ecarter items on Facebook
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: problems with my ecarter items on Facebook Reply with quote

I started a Facebook page to promote my ecrater items.
Things were fine for many weeks.
Now the images from my items don't show up.I can't get them to work.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you post a link to your FaceBook page?
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://www.facebook.com/NormsPlace-169660106557909/
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could have been when you posted your link, you had a pic with a temporary image. I do that sometimes. I don't know why our first photos in a new listing are temporary. It takes mine 3 or 4 days before they change to permanent images. The url for the photo will change when it becomes permanent. This is the only place this happens with my photos. Maybe someone who knows why will comment. Before I link my new listings to facebook or google plus I try to wait until they have permanent images.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They don't seem to work with listings that have been up for a while. Very strange and very annoying. Ecrater has lots in their IT that could use to be cleaned up
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted one item on 9/19. The image was in facebook. Now it is gone. This is not acceptable. I have to chase after this stuff, post all over again? Stinks
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2016 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you changed the original photo in any way, including changing one from default to another?

I just did a quick check of some of my posts and some of the photos are missing as well but the rest of the post is there. I wonder more than anything if it is a FB problem. I use it to promote my store and keep up with some family and friends since I can't get out much. They have changed FB so much since I first signed up, I barely know what I'm supposed to be doing on it.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My ebay posts are fine. Not Facebook.
It is Ecrater's antiquated, poorly maintained IT
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If selling here isn't working for you, there are many other selling sites. The eCrater staff is small and they work very hard to keep costs low for the sellers. There are hundreds of sellers that have sold for years here with no problems. Not all web sites will please every user. But I will NEVER say anything bad about the hardworking employees of eCrater.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes to problems between ecrater and FB, I would always assum it is FB problem. They are always changing things but ecrater isn't so why should it be their fault? I'm with Sammie on this. Ecrater has a great team doing what I'm sure feels like a thankless task at timesl
PrimroseCafe

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SammysSupplies wrote:
If selling here isn't working for you, there are many other selling sites. The eCrater staff is small and they work very hard to keep costs low for the sellers. There are hundreds of sellers that have sold for years here with no problems. Not all web sites will please every user. But I will NEVER say anything bad about the hardworking employees of eCrater.

Touché
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to insult the keepers of the flame by inference.
I am familiar with many sites.
To have photos disappear after months is not something that should have to be tolerated. Sorry, something is wrong in ecrater land.
It is well known that they do not modernize their web site. I put up with many small annoyances. THIS is a big deal to me. No images when I am trying to promote my items, a real problem.
I have sent a message, lets see if they actually help me.

Anytime people treat ANY business like it is perfect and beyond criticism, that is a huge mistake.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If selling here isn't working for you, there are many other selling sites. The eCrater staff is small and they work very hard to keep costs low for the sellers. There are hundreds of sellers that have sold for years here with no problems.

I agree with Sammy on this. I'm going to try to say something in the gentlest way possible, but I am wondering myself if this is the place for you. I just spent some time looking over all your posts. The majority of them are complaints about ecrater or confusion or misunderstaning on your part of what you are supposed to do or what something is for. You state that ecrater is very hard to use. I think ecrater is for me about the 8th venue I have sold on (I'm down to only two now) and it is by far the easiest site to use of any that I have tried to use. Especially handy when I was still on dial up internet!

But perhaps part of my liking ecrater was the weeks I spent in research reading the forum and exploring ecrater before even signing up. I knew what I was getting into prior to signing up. Others have signed up and one of their first questions was what are the listings fees? How many photos can I use? What are the FVF (before we had any!), etc. it was very obvious that they never spent any time reading and trying to figure things out on their own prior to asking questions. Why would anyone sign up for a selling venue without knowing ahead of time any fees that might be involved, or knowing what is special about the site such as 10 free photos, three stores at once is they want the UK and AUS stores, etc.? As long as we follow some really simple rules and treat our customers well it is very hard to get in trouble here.

I realize that not everyone can read instructions and understand, but if you have sold on ebay, then ecrater should be super simple yet at every turn you are finding problems of some sort such as this current one with Facebook. Facebook is constantly changing everything, so I'm not sure why you are laying this current problem at ecrater's feet, but that is what you have been doing since you got here - everything is ecrater's fault in some way. I do know this, I have pinned thousands of my listings onto Pinterest and none of them have disappeared so why would they on FB unless it is FB problem? It may or may not be I don't know but FB is always tweaking things around so that if you miss a day or two of being on the site, you don't know what is happening. My listings that I found that the picture had disappeared still had all the other info available. My thought is this; generally on social media people don't go backwards in time too much so I for sure am not going to worry about something that isn't showing from a month or so ago. I would spend my time listing more products and promoting them.

I see you don't have any sales yet (or at least no feedback - I'm not sure when the count starts), but with the amount of products in your inventory, it is going to be really hard for anyone to find you on the internet. Even if you can't see your listings on organic Google, they are there but perhaps on page 104,000. We small sellers ar a microdrop in the ocean of internet selling. Also, it can take up to 6 months before you get preferential treatment in Google Organic (the main search engine) and get higher in the page counts. There is only room for 10 listings on each page so they aren't going to give that space over to a new, unknown, small seller. Many have never heard of Google Shopping. I didn't before coming here and if I recall correctly you didn't either. I do what I can to hopefully show up there but I do spend a lot of time checking to see what happens to my listings. If my stuff shows up on the front page of Google organic then a looker might not even need or want to go to GS,

One of the ways to stand out is to have as many listings as possible. Have good titles that are understandable. Case in point looking at your Model Car Science magazine it has in the title 9 and 64 and goes on to say slot car..... To me looking at it, I had no clue what the 9 was for and thought perhaps the 64 was 64 slot cars. But I was puzzled by the lack of a date or issue number in the title. Okay, after looking at the listing for awhile I figure that the 9 and 64 was meant for the date of September 1964. Why not be clear and use the words September 1964 or if you don't have enough space Sept 64 or better yet 1964 so a looker when doing a search for that copy can see easily in the results that they have come upon the right issue that they are looking for. Or even at least put a hypen between the 9 and 64 like this 9-1964 so it might be more evident that it is a date. On Amazon the titles for these magazines are Model Car Science Magazine October 1964, and just change the months for the ones that are available. Incidently you might want to double check Amazon's prices and compare them to your own. More than the date of the magazine you have a sting of words with some capitalized and others not with no ryhme or reason to it but it is weird to look at and doesn't make much sense to me but may to someone wanting to buy the magazine. You also mention a small piece of paper missing from the back. Where is the photo of that? What may be tiny to you is gigantic to the buyer and unless they can see it, they may hesitate to buy.

As I said, I said this not to hurt but to help. After three months of seeing your complaints you probably should think is this the place for you or not. If it is, I think it would help you to be more positive in your outlook and remember that the small team at ecrater is doing their best for us. When I write the team many times I get a response from Dimitar the site owner. When was the last time you wrote to ebay or Amazon and got a response from Jeff Bezos or Wenig?

I have made plenty of money here but only by accepting ecrater as the venue it is and doing the best listings I can and promoting like crazy. You can do that as well (well at least with a lot more product). Would I like to sell more here? You betcha! I do whatever I can to make that happen and realize that ecrater can't do anything about the idiot giant called Google or any other media site.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"There are hundreds of sellers that have sold for years here with no problems."

WOW, am I to believe this is all somehow MY fault since others have had a "problem free" selling experience? Seems like many have problems. I look at the forum and see plenty of problems.
I have gotten past loads of bumps in the road. Forum members have helped me. This is an annoying deal. It can't be fixed in any reasonable way.
No I won't leave yet. It is a slow time everywhere to sell my kind of merchandise. I am here until I see what I can do here in better times.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Complaining? Asking about stuff that was NOT obvious. The deal here is very different than ebay (or ebid) knowing the deal there does not make it easy here.
I live alone, have major health problems. I still need to post on ebay to actually sell stuff. I add items her as I can. Sorry if my pace is not fast enough for others.
Funny, I made every effort to not be negative, not complain about the way things are. People on here seem very emotionally involved with this site. For me it is a place to sell. A place I sure hope will bring me sales eventually.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: