eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping Charges

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HansVera

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:19 am    Post subject: Shipping Charges Reply with quote

I have currently listed some products here. I have set shipping charges to 5$ for the first item and 0.75$ for the next item in the "shipping matrix. However, I tried putting my items into the cart, I DID NOT SEE SHIPPING CHARGES ADDED. Then I even went to paypal checkout even there, the ITEM WAS DEVOID OF SHIPPING CHARGES. Where am I going wrong?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at your store and your shipping is appearing as you selected. The shipping charge is not shown to the buyer until the checkout system knows the buyer's address. Buyer's do not have accounts on eCrater, the the shipping isn't shown until the address is know. It appears you are using PayPal direct, so after the buyer logs into their account their address is returned to eCRATER and they are shown the shipping charge. At that point they must agree to the total charge before their account is charged.

I also noticed you have Cash on Delivery as a payment method. Make sure you understand how that works. That is a system through the USPS that means you have to ship before the customer pays. You are charged extra for the service and there are no safeguards for the seller. Personally, I discourage it's use.
HansVera

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for helping me out.Smile
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: