eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Sending an invoice to buyer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kentcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:31 pm    Post subject: Sending an invoice to buyer Reply with quote

On the View order page there are buttons to "Delete", "Mark as paid", and "Add tracking". If only there were a 4th button, "Send invoice" it would make life much easier. Sure I can send an email to the buyer, but it seems to me an invoice from eCRATER would have a better effect and be faster for the seller.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eCRATER system is designed for payment at the time of checkout. Sellers are required to have the shipping available to the buyer at the time of checkout.

The eCRATER Terms of Service, 4.4 Content requirements states:
- Shipping must be set-up in the store to all locations that are selected in the shipping zones. It is not allowed to request shipping or additional costs after an order has been placed. The buyer should have the full cost upon checkout.

This explains why eCRATER does not provide a way to invoice the customer. Now I realize there may be times when a customer may make a special request. In those cases, you can create your own invoice to be sent via email or you can create an invoice through PayPal.
kentcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question has nothing to do with shipping.

It is about "buyers" who fail to complete checkout, so orders remain unpaid. A "send invoice" option would be much easier, and much faster (which is the whole point of my original post) than creating an email invoice to send.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry, I misunderstood your question. It's my understanding that switching to PayPal Express Checkout will stop the orders without payment. I know I haven't had an order with no payment since I switched.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:52 am    Post subject: Re: Sending an invoice to buyer Reply with quote

kentcollectibles wrote:
On the View order page there are buttons to "Delete", "Mark as paid", and "Add tracking". If only there were a 4th button, "Send invoice" it would make life much easier. Sure I can send an email to the buyer, but it seems to me an invoice from eCRATER would have a better effect and be faster for the seller.

Looking at your store, you accept Money Order, Cashier's Check, Personal Check, and PayPal.

Because of the way that eCrater integrated PayPal Express and Stripe, you have to make a choice … either you want orders with optional payments or you never want an order without an electronic payment. There is no way (currently) to force a PayPal payment and allow manual payment forms.

If the customer selected PayPal and did not complete payment, you can go to PayPal and issue a manual invoice there.

For the non-electronic payment forms, you are pretty much on your own.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the most part over the years, I have noted that no matter what you do half the unpaid items remain unpaid, maybe 25% will tell you to cancel the order and if you are lucky 25% will pay. MO tend to not get paid and I never allowed personal checks.

Don't forget that ecrater has already given the buyer an invoice. They get it when they are done buying and are suppoed to pay then. Some folks are used to venues that allow them to take their time to pay or not. When I get an unpaid order (much less now that I have PPX) I send them an invoice if they had indicated they would pay with PP and an email. If I know that PP has been 'glitchy' I will tell them that may be why their payment didn't come through.

I got an unpaid order over a month ago. Hadn't had one in a very long time. I sent the buyer a PP invoice and an email. About a week or two later he asked where his item was and I again emailed him and reminded him that I had gotten no payment and had sent him an invoice. A month later it was never paid so I canceled it. Never heard anything from the 'buyer' except him asking where his stuff was, not even a "what do you mean you don't have payment? I have proof I paid and here is the PP number" With that I could have maybe figured out what went wrong. But no communication on his part didn't help and for all I know he may have had my email and PP blocked.

But back to the beginning, most unpaid orders here don't get paid, I prefer sending my own invoices and emails to customers instead of depending on a venue to do so. Obviously not what you want though.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:25 am    Post subject: Re: Sending an invoice to buyer Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Because of the way that eCrater integrated PayPal Express and Stripe, you have to make a choice … either you want orders with optional payments or you never want an order without an electronic payment. There is no way (currently) to force a PayPal payment and allow manual payment forms.
While this statement is true when a seller selects both PayPal Express AND Stripe, I don't think this applies to sellers who do not choose Stripe. I think you can offer PayPal Express and still have paper payments shown to your customer as an option.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:36 am    Post subject: Re: Sending an invoice to buyer Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
While this statement is true when a seller selects both PayPal Express AND Stripe, I don't think this applies to sellers who do not choose Stripe. I think you can offer PayPal Express and still have paper payments shown to your customer as an option.

I'm willing to agree with that about PayPal Classic. My recollection, is that odd things were happening when someone had PayPal Classic and PayPal Express turned on, but not Stripe. I don't remember the exact details.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: