eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to create a Facebook page?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robotictoy123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 12:33 am    Post subject: How to create a Facebook page? Reply with quote

Hello,

Can anyone give me some guidance to create a Facebook page? Do I have to pay in advance so that I can build one to connect with the eCrater store?

Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't have to pay for a facebook page at all. It is part of social media and most social media sites don't charge you to join. It has been years since I joined up, but if you go to facebook.com they can take you step by step through the process.

I have gotten, I think, one order via FB. I'm not sure how the others do with using FB to drum up business. You might want to focus on Pinterest first if you haven't done so as what you are selling is very visual. Pinterest is also free. In the last years and half (I didn't record those kinds of sales prior to the beginning of last year) I've had 32 order come in through Pinterest.

By the way, glad to see that you have changed templates for your store. I think that other one is horrible (not what you did, just in general I hate it). I did notice a statement you had in a listing though, "Item sold out of stock will become available within 5 working days and refund can be applied if the products can’t be shipped out." You CAN NOT leave listings open for sale when something is out of stock! You can get in big trouble for doing that. Just put the listing on hold until it is back in stock. Don't forget to mention in your listing also that these are items that can be made out of ONE set and (I assume) only ONE robot at a time, so buyers aren't expecting 4-5 robots.
Robotictoy123

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:14 pm    Post subject: @ MoonwishesStore Reply with quote

Hi MoonwishesStore,

Thank you so much for answering my question!

I tried to create a facebook page, but I couldn't finish that, as I encounter the problem of "You're restricted from creating Pages indefinitely". I searched on google, some other people had that problem too.but there was no correct answers to that question.

I haven't done "Pinterest" before, but I will be happy to work on it after I finish the work here.

Back to the statement, thank you so much for the information !I did this because I also have trouble with " put on hold", as it always on the"Yes" position, I tried to put selection to the "NO" position,but it didn't work. Do you ever have this problem?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. I believe you may be confusing the option to put your store on hold with the option to put a single item on hold. When you are in logged into your admin page, look to the left column for More Options and there is a link called On-Hold. This link goes to a page with the Yes and No options. You would use this link to put your entire store on hold. What you need to do is go to look in the Basic Set-up section and click on products. Now find the item you need to put on hold (either search for the title or scroll down until you see the item). Click on the picture of a pencil to edit the product. This will open the product page. Scroll down until you see Hide this product. Clicking in the check box will place this one item on hold. BE SURE to scroll down to the bottom and click one of the UPDATE buttons. Later, when you get the product back in stock, you can reverse this action which will take the item off hold.

When an item is on hold, it will not be seen in the search from your store or the marketplace. You will be able to see it in your admin, but the title will be a very light color. Any links on the internet to that product will still be active and a person could use those links to view the item, but the Buy Button will be changed to ON HOLD.

I noted your problem with Facebook and thought I had heard the Chinese government blocked all access to Facebook from within the country. I did a quick check on the internet. It appears that your government blocks all access to a number of social media sites with Facebook being mentioned most often. That information could be wrong, but that does appear to be the problem.
Robotictoy123

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:23 pm    Post subject: @SheilaDeesPostcards Reply with quote

Hi SheilaDeesPostcards,

Thank you very much for your specific reply. Now, I know how to put an item on hold. but what if I want to put the whole store on hold. what am I supposed to do?

Regarding to the problem with Facebook, yes, you are right, both
Facebook and Google are blocked here. and we will need to use a
VPN in order to use them. I have a facebook profile, but as I said,
I have the problem to create a page. really don't know how to work
out it Embarassed
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 11:58 am    Post subject: Re: @SheilaDeesPostcards Reply with quote

Robotictoy123 wrote:
Hi SheilaDeesPostcards,

Thank you very much for your specific reply. Now, I know how to put an item on hold. but what if I want to put the whole store on hold. what am I supposed to do?

Regarding to the problem with Facebook, yes, you are right, both
Facebook and Google are blocked here. and we will need to use a
VPN in order to use them. I have a facebook profile, but as I said,
out it Embarassed
You already found the link to put your store on hold when you were trying to put a single item on hold. When you go to the link On-Hold, it makes the statement, "If you do this your store will become inactive." and you chose either yes to put your store on hold or no if you don't want your store on hold. If you put your store on hold you can come back later and take your store off hold by clicking NO.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
out it Embarassed

Unfortunately that is a problem with living in your country, the government thinks it has the right to control you and everyone else and what you can and can't do. Sorry to hear this.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: