eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Excessively large bottom margin on Edit pages

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scentsible

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:08 pm    Post subject: Excessively large bottom margin on Edit pages Reply with quote

Hello, the bottom margin of the page on the edit screens for my sale items is very large. It is so large that I am unable to see the "update" "Exit" buttons at all. I changed the font size but that didnt help at all. I tried to snip a copy of the page to this posting so that you can see the problem, but this post does not seem to allow pasting. Has anyone experienced this with their site? How can it be fixed? It is extremely hard to add or edit products while this problem exists.

thanks for any help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you recently change your computer's screen resolution?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:00 am    Post subject: Re: Excessively large bottom margin on Edit pages Reply with quote

I haven't experienced the problem you are describing, but I do have two suggestions. One thing that may be causing the problem is the box for the description. In the old version you can make the box bigger horizontally and vertically where with the new version it only enlarges vertically. If you enlarge the item description box vertically, you have to click outside the item description box for the scroll to move you down to the update buttons.

Since you've been selling on eCrater for a long time, you may rather use the older version of the admin page. From your main admin page, scroll down to the left box that says Account and click on Options. Scroll down to "Use the legacy version of the admin on desktop" and click the box. Scroll down to Update and click. Now sign out, then sign back in and your admin will look like it has for years.
Scentsible

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
Did you recently change your computer's screen resolution?

No, all I've done is switch to Chrome instead of Explorer. Explorer allows me to see the buttons, but Explorer is unreliable so that is why I started using Chrome. Not sure if that is related to the problem but thought I'd mention it just in case.
Scentsible

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2016 12:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Excessively large bottom margin on Edit pages Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
I haven't experienced the problem you are describing, but I do have two suggestions. One thing that may be causing the problem is the box for the description. In the old version you can make the box bigger horizontally and vertically where with the new version it only enlarges vertically. If you enlarge the item description box vertically, you have to click outside the item description box for the scroll to move you down to the update buttons.

Since you've been selling on eCrater for a long time, you may rather use the older version of the admin page. From your main admin page, scroll down to the left box that says Account and click on Options. Scroll down to "Use the legacy version of the admin on desktop" and click the box. Scroll down to Update and click. Now sign out, then sign back in and your admin will look like it has for years.

This worked! Thanks so much. I really like the new interface, but I guess I wont be able to use it going forward. Thanks bunches for the suggestion.... everything looks like it should - all the buttons are visible using the old format.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: