eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hi there!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrandysCrafts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:40 pm    Post subject: Hi there!! Reply with quote

Hi Everyone,

I am pretty new to this whole online sales thing, well really to trying to sell my stuff in general. I have always loved crafting and within the last year started making some jewelry. I have had a little success, but not much. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions for a beginner.

I have a FB page, facebook.com/brandyscustomcrafts , where I share some of my stuff and my shop here with all my items. I feel my stuff is pretty decent I just haven't been able to target the right buyers, if that makes sense.

Any and all suggestions would be nice!

Thanks a billion,
Brandy

Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Brandy. I would suggest that you take advantage of the 100 characters allowed at eCRATER for titles. You need to include what the items are in your title. Think about this...if you were looking for earrings in a search engine would you respond to anything to a listing with the name black and pink as a title? I doubt it. I know I wouldn't. You need longer titles that give information about what you are selling and your descriptions need beefed up. You also need to have a very clear photo of your item without other stuff in the background that isn't included in the purchase price. Many buyers don't bother reading and may get all excited thinking they are going to get a bunch of buttons.

Also you may or not be aware, but jewelry can be a hard sale. Many folks like making it and then decide to market it. But it takes a special something to succeed. I don't know exactly what that is, but it helps to have all your other things lined up right like titles, descriptions and photos. Also remember that most of our stores are just miniscule drops in the ocean of the buying/selling internet. You need to be the best you can be.
BrandysCrafts

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your suggestions! I have noticed that there are a ton of jewelry sellers, but hopefully I can make it successful. I guess I need to pay more attention to how much I can really write in the titles. Thanks again for the suggestions
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Brandy. Welcome to eCRATER.

I looked at several of your listings. I found a couple that do not include the words button or earrings. Both words are essential for search.

You do not give dimensions of the buttons. Buttons come in all sizes as you are surely aware. Buyers want to know if they are getting baby sized buttons or flying saucers.

Other than button bracelets and a few earrings made of fancy buttons I've not seen much in the way of button jewelry so in that respect you are unique. However if you don't state the way you are unique no one will notice you.

Other wise you have great photos, your items are displayed well and you are starting in time for Christmas shopping. It is up to you to use the right words to bring in viewers and hopefully buyers. Good luck.

Ps: I have a ton of vintage buttons I'll sell you cheap. Pay no attention to the prices shown if you are interested. I'm trying to go out of business.
BrandysCrafts

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:10 am    Post subject: Thanks for the reply Reply with quote

I have started editing my names and descriptions per the other suggestions, but thank you for the reply! And I will start to add dimensions, because..yes you are right, sometime buttons will be massive and others are tiny! And I would like to know what I'm getting.. so I understand the need to add that as well.

Thank you so much for checking out my shop!

And yes! I LOVE buttons, if you haven't noticed. I'll check them out!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER and to the eCRATER community. You have lovely earrings.

You are correct that there are a lot of sellers of handcrafted jewelry online. You are also selling a unique product. Use your title to include as many keywords as possible that buyers may use to find your item. On eCrater the search is title only, but you need to write your titles and descriptions for the big search engines. It's also wise to put the most important keywords in the first 60 spaces, but use all 100 spaces.

You need to tell people the type of earrings (stud, post, wire, pierced?, etc.). In your description, it's important to not only mention the dimensions, but the length of the earring. If it's a drop earring from the post, what is the length of the earring from the post.

A quick rule to follow is to describe as if there is no photo, like you would describe to a blind friend. Then shoot your photos as if there is no description. When was the last time you purchased a pair of earrings that you didn't look at the back? You can list up to 10 photos per item, so you should add as many photos as necessary to show off your creations. Your descriptions should always mention they are handcrafted. You should also mention if they are goldtone, silvertone, sterling, nickle free silvertone, etc.

You've got a good start to your store. I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to help. I want all eCrater sellers to succeed so it's the best place on the web!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You've got a good start to your store. I'm not trying to be critical, just trying to help. I want all eCrater sellers to succeed so it's the best place on the web!

That goes for all of us! In the past week I've seen on other forums seller's bemoaning the fact that their choices are if they don't like Amazon they have to go to eBay, and if they don't like ebay they have to go to Amazon and they were talking about buying, not selling! There are MANY venues for people to sell on. That isn't including a manufacturers or Big box store's websites as well. Buyers have many options when it comes to buying and we want them to come here! To get them to come here, we all have to give excellent customer service and have great listing pages, reasonable prices for both the item and the shipping. I had a Canadian customer question my shipping price to her as she thought it was wrong. It gave me a chance to tell her what was has happened to US international postal prices in the last few years and also what a deal the Chinese sellers get from the USA. Evil or Very Mad

But what it comes down to is be the best you can be here. On other venues you may not be able to list your products or you have to list them on a product page that someone else started and left off most of the important information. Here you can make sure all the important stuff is in your listing. It helps to develop a template for each kind of items you sell so that you don't forget something. If you need an example of what I'm talking about, check a couple of my latest listings which are in my preferred format. My earliest ones were listed when I was still new here and trying to figure out the best way to set up a listing. I tweak the old ones as I come upon them to get them right, but there is always to much to do especially with also needing to add in UPC numbers. But having that template will really help until you have a habit formed.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: