eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Two questions about adding products
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:17 am    Post subject: Two questions about adding products Reply with quote

Ecrater uses some terms I am not sure of.
A line says Search. Is that just the title?
I thought ecater sales were fixed price. What is the deal with Price From Price to???
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What you are seeing are options to be used in your admin section for ALL your product inventory. Depending on your monitor, you might have to scroll down a little to see the button that says Add New Product. The options above that button are used to help you find a specific product you've already listed. Once you click on the Add New Product, you'll see a new screen with information needed to list a new item.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read your answer three times. I have no idea what it means. What am, I supposed to do with those first questions? Where will they show up. I see further on a place to add product. BUT what is the stuff I asked about???
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they are "options" do I HAVE to use them?
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are those "options" to bne used every time I list a product? A very confusing deal....
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Are those "options" to be used every time I list a product? A very confusing deal....

I don't know how to make it much clearer than this, everything above the Add New Product button are tools you will use in the future to manage your inventory. They have NOTHING to do with adding new products.

You can't see how the tools would be used because they only apply to items you have already listed and you have no items listed.

If you have 500 products listed in your store and you want to make a change to an item with the title "xyz raceway advertisment for Driver Smith", how would you find that item? You would use the search, like you would on any other site, to search for that title. If you only want to look at the items you have listed in your store category of "Historical Memorabilia", then you would select that category and you'll see a list of all the items you have listed in that category.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"
If you have 500 products listed in your store and you want to make a change to an item with the title "xyz raceway advertisment for Driver Smith", how would you find that item? You would use the search, like you would on any other site, to search for that title. If you only want to look at the items you have listed in your store category of "Historical Memorabilia", then you would select that category and you'll see a list of all the items you have listed in that category.
Exactly. So do I need to use this deal? I am quite confident I can find items without it. Ity may seem clear to those longh fgamiliar with the site, IO find it very murky.
Once again do I HAVE to use it?
BTW, I have started to likst product. My store is on hold and it can't be seen....
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So do I need to use this deal? I am quite confident I can find items without it. Ity may seem clear to those longh fgamiliar with the site, IO find it very murky.
Once again do I HAVE to use it?
BTW, I have started to likst product. My store is on hold and it can't be seen....

These are tools to help you after you've listed inventory. NO, you do not ever have to use them! I think in the future you will find them helpful, but you don't ever have to use them.

When your store is on hold, your items are not sent to Google Shopping and the "Buy it Now" button says "On Hold". Anyone that comes to your store can see your items, they just can't buy them.

That's a neat postcard, it looks like the drugstore in my hometown when I was growing up. Just a suggestion, you have 100 characters available for your title. Use your title to reach as many people as possible. Your postcard title should include the name of the Pharmacy and the city, state. I am a postcard collector and I know collector's must have the city and state at a minimum and the name of the Pharmacy may expand your buyer to those doing genealogy. Always write your titles as if the photo and category can't be seen. You need to add the word postcard to every postcard title.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been selling postcards on the internet for many years.Usually I do longer titles. I include Postacrd. This time I was spooked by what I thought was required here. I guess I can edit the item?
I have loads of cards. I see the asking prices are much better here than ebay. Cards in there are way too cheap.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I edited the sale. Better top line, some key words in the description. I will get this and hopefully succeed here.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might want to get rid of "cash on delivery". You ship without getting paid and hope for the best with it. Good luck selling! Very Happy
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DONE
Thank you
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norm, please, stop using the huge fonts, they are literally difficult to read.

I just looked at the post card. What does Chrome mean or is that something a postcard collector knows? May I suggest some other keywords you might want to use? Timex (takes a beating and keeps on ticking), Jean Nate, Wrigley's gum (Doublemint - two, two mints in one!), Revlon nail polish. Those are the only name brands that I can recognize from that era that I see in the card.

Good thing you didn't show a grocery store or I would be going nuts with : Neat new spaghettis you can eat with a spoon, Uh-oh spaghettios! and all the rest. Commercials today just don't have the staying power that they used to for sure!

Norm, also when you have 500 items in your store unless you like scrolling through all your pages of inventory, you will never be able to find a product again. I'm fortunate because most of my items have numbers attached to them and so I put say 6601 in the search box and all my sewing patterns with those numbers pop up. Also the price from<>to line is if you want to see all your inventory within certain price ranges. It has nothing to do with having fixed prices or not. I've seen many venues with these same search parameters so I'm not sure why it is so confusing. But if you still don't understand we can try again. And these options have nothing to do with listing unless you want to check to see if you listed something or not. They are to help you personally search your inventory. They don't help you list. Yes, you can edit any listing whenever you want to.

The best photos and the best titles and the best descriptions are what helps to get items sold. You also have to promote your items yourself. Ther are many threads here on how to do that. Ecrater does send uploads to Google and Bing searches our stores, but you will also want to promote via social media, especially Pinterest and Facebook.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Norm, if you are seeing search options you are not in your admin store but the public store. The search for price high to low is for a shopper who wants to look for items in a particular price range.

You can also use it to locate items you want to reduce or increase the price of. For instance you want to have a sale on items over $10 or increase prices under $5. You need to use the global editor to do that in your admin.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, when I am on my products page in admin, there are options to search, look for a range of prices, then all the Google stuff. I just think most of us don't just see it anymore.....but it might be kind of new. I don't remember seeing all of that before. The search options that is.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: