eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

discouraging reviews...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:40 am    Post subject: discouraging reviews... Reply with quote

I have just started a store here. I looked at reviews of ecrater today.
Tons of negative reviews. Buyers been scammed.
Has anyone else had experience dealing with this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had almost 5000 orders since I have been here ith 100% positive reviews. My buyers don't get scammed. Does that mean other sellers don't scam people? Of course not. I have found through the years that when people are unhappy, they tell the world. When happy they tell a few people.

We have had newbies here that have closed up shop and left and on review boards, have claimed that those of us on the forum are rude, nasty, stupid, fill in the blank. Many of those newbies hadn't bothered to read a thing about ecrater before coming so they didn't know what they were doing and wanted all of us to provide the answers in a step by step format, even if someone else had asked the same question the day before. They were too lazy to go look. They also would not take any advice claiming that they knew what they were doing, thank you very much. Then there are other sellers that come with full intentions of scamming buyers and then there are those that sign up and because they don't get immediate sales never come back and people buy from them and the seller never sees or ignores the order so buyer gets upset.

Many of these problems could be circumvented by sellers reading up and knowing about ecrater to start with and deciding that this is the place for them. So they list items that they are allowed and in the best manner possible. They don't come back complaining that this free site doesn't have all the bells and whistles of places such as ebay (well if ebay is so swell why are they leaving?) and then volunteer all of us to pay extra fees to get what they want. They cheack their orders daily, ship ASAP when they do get an order and send what they are supposed to in the condition that they listed. The buyer can get fair warning about a 'seller' by looking at the feedback and also ecrater puts a blurb on the home page saying that the seller has checked in or done anything to the account in, I think, 6 months.

So there are ways to avoid seller and buyer problems, but many don't want to take the time to to be a good seller or a good buyer, thus bad reviews. I have seen some of those reviews and can recognize the bozo seller that is now spouting off on the review page and can very much remeber all the 'problems' he complained about here and the help he did or did not receive. Some people don't want to be told that a 6 word descriptions with a 2-3 word title isn't going to sell a product, but according to them, they know best. Evil or Very Mad

Not sure if this answered your question. You will have to determine for yourself whether ecrater is a viable place for you and if not, PLEASE close your store before going elsewhere, which is another problem, sellers walking away from stores they started without closing them which leaves them open to orders.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just starting. I don't plan on giving up easily. I am not able to promote on a big way yet because I nee do sell elsewhere to keep some cash flow.
I have referenced my ebay accounts and invited buyers to look at my feedback.
I have included a phone number in my contact. I am trying to gain buyer confidence.
I have received quality help on this forum. I have begun to figure out the site.
I have hopes for eventual success.
Those reviews are just a slap...
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore those reviews. Every selling venue, including eBay has sellers that are less than stellar. Yes some sellers on all sites are poor, and that includes this site. But most of the sellers are very good sellers. I have over 1500 sales, and I have great reviews. I treat my buyers like I would like to be treated. I ship very fast, and take care of any minor problems that might happen. Just pay attention to your own store and your own selling. Treat your customers like you care about them, ship fast, pack well. and you will do fine. On this site, we each have our own little store. It is not eCRATER that should be getting the bad reviews, it is that particular bad seller. They are the ones at fault here.

eCRATER.com is a fair and very nice site to have a little store on. They treat their sellers well, and they are helpful.

Just keep on listing. Christmas is fast approaching and you want your store to be ready.

Last edited by oakteakstore on Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish ecrater would start calling those sites. I thought it was terrible 2, 3 years ago.

"Ignore those reviews. Every selling venue, including eBay has sellers that are less than stellar."

not the same, We all bash big banks or stores or widely known brands. But here a buyer will just not click, or click and see and not trust. It's a VERY bad thing going on.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably no internet site has more haters than eBay and they are still going strong. At one point when I was selling successfully there the local TV stations were warning people not to use eBay and almost every night were interviewing someone who had been scammed, usually on technology. They never once interviewed anyone who had had a positive experienced.

Etsy is one of the most successful emarketing sites and it has so many haters that a bunch of them left several years ago and formed a copycat site. That site is still struggling and Etsy is bigger than ever. Go on Etsy's community and read the negative grousing from current sellers.

I don't know if eCRATER ever dreamed of competing with eBay or Amazon or if it was started as an alternative site but I have 5 shops here and hundreds of positive feedback and 0 negatives.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where did you read the reviews that have you second guessing so? I have a few minutes and tons of pent-up frustration. Let me at 'em. Laughing
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DC, there are a few websites out there that love to have people dump on other websites. I have seen them and since many folks writing style is almost as unique as their fingerprint, if you are a regualr forum reader here you will know exactly who was the disgruntled newbie who is now writing a bad review to let out their pent-up frustration! Very Happy

Do a websearch I would guess for website reviews or some such thing. I don't know how people find these places in the first place. But first they spread their evil here and then go on and spread it elsewhere. Total nonsense. It is like those that come here, find they don't have all the ebay bells and whistles that they left behind and then volunteer ALL of us to pay more money to get them! Thanks but no thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: