eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How did Gmail get my PM message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:23 am    Post subject: How did Gmail get my PM message Reply with quote

I have a Gmail account I opened solely so I could use Google on my cell phone. Today my phone woke me with a notice from eCRATER that I had a new PM. I usually get notices from the email account connected to that particular store. That has always worked in the past and is still an active email. The email doesn't even feed into my outlook.

I have never registered this email with eCRATER, have never had it associated with any eCRATER store, have never actually used it on my cell. What am I missing here in the world of emails and cells?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, I don't know the answer, but my first thought would be a question. Have you ever used your cell phone to check for emails on the address associated with your eCrater ID that had the PM? My second thought was also a question, Do you ALWAYS make sure you click on the log-out or sign-out button when you use ANY Google service that requires you to login or signin? (gmail, Google+, Google Analytics, YouTube, Google Books, etc.)

Since you have a gmail email address and you probably use Google as your search engine if you look up something from your phone and since Google is known to try to link ALL your Google activity together; Google may be trying to "help you" Rolling Eyes by monitoring ALL your email addresses (not just your gmail address).

I'll be interested in what other's have to say.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Possibly when you sign up to things it will ask your "friends" or whatever.
It goes through your emails all your contacts on your computer.

So I always look for the "find friends" type think and never let them , I did it once and a whole pile of people popped up, ones that had nothing to do with friends, it just went through all my emails on my system, like facebook and twitter do that I believe, and probably google social network thing that I can't think of, google plus ?

Might be that because they want to link all your emails, and come in under the cover of, find contacts, or security to add a separate email incase you are hacked, so it will link your email you enter as a backup.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I almost always sign out of eCRATER, never do the find friends thing as I am pretty anti-social, do have another email address as my emergency email address, don't check my email via my phone, ever.

That PM didn't get sent to the address associated with eCRATER, it also came two days after it had been left for me.

I get 50 to 100 emails a day mostly spam and from FaceBook. No other emails came to my gmail account.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: