eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Shipping cost to Canada $0

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:35 am    Post subject: Shipping cost to Canada $0 Reply with quote

There was a time I was able to ship to USA and Canada for free. Since that time, rates have skyrocketed to Canada. When attempting to keep the ship to USA at $0 and placing an amount for everywhere else (Canada included), Canada still shows as $0 (while all other countries behave).

Is this because at one time these items had 0 ship and can not be changed? Has this been discussed before? Does eCrater even know about it (it must be a programming error or glitch)?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, I don't know the answer to your question, but I can try to help you troubleshoot the problem. My first thought was to question how you did your shipping before we had the option to select the shipping zone "Everywhere Else". Did you select "Free Shipping to USA" and "Free Shipping to Canada" on each item page as you listed? If yes, then the system still remembers you had shipping selected for Canada.

When the changes were made to increase the number of places where we could use Flat Rate Shipping, we also had the new option of selecting new shipping zones which included "Everywhere Else". In the initial introduction of the feature there was a mention of shipping to Canada. Here's the topic, eCRATER.com Forum Index -> eCRATER sellers only -> Flat Rate Shipping Improvements
ecrater wrote:
Important note:
If you are shipping to Canada and you have shipping rates for this zone, there is one thing you must do in order to see Canada and its shipping rates in the Edit Products menu.

Click on the Flat Shipping Zones menu and make sure you add Canada as a flat rate zone. After you do this, you will be able to see the Canada shipping rates.

If you had shown Free Shipping to Canada in the older format, that could be causing the problem. Also you imply that you are trying to keep your USA shipping at $0, but every item I checked had USA shipping showing. With as many items as you have in your store, I wouldn't suggest making changes until you can resolve the root cause of the problem.

One really big question I have is what system of shipping are you using currently? Are you using the Weight Matrix OR are you using the Flat Rate system where you enter a shipping cost for each item OR do you use a combination of the two systems?
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use the weight matrix. There was a time that ecrater permitted us to offer free shipping to USA and Canada. I don't know when that disappeared, but I do know that when I offer free shipping now, it is only to USA.

I bring this up only because it is an issue that should be checked in to by those that handle behind the scene workings at ecrater, for lack of better words.

As I recall, there are only about 25 items, or so, that I have offered free shipping on that would have free shipping to Canada (lightweight items). All the same category.

I have added Canada to the Flat rate column, but I don't know that will help. I would like to have my items picked up in Canada with the shipping cost I designated in the Matrix. On second thought, I am not sure that would solve this problem.

Since it seems to be only with this 25 items, I believe I will remove the free shipping to USA option, lower the item cost, and enter the matrix amount.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisia, I sent you a PM. Please don't make changes to your store until the root of the problem can be determined.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisia wrote:
As I recall, there are only about 25 items, or so, that I have offered free shipping on that would have free shipping to Canada (lightweight items). All the same category.
Did you ever have more than these 25 items with free shipping to the US and Canada?
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure, Sheila. It was rare that I listed free shipping, and am pretty sure these items should be it. It has been a while since I've sold to Canada, so not sure it there is a true issue or not with my sales to Canada.

I won't change. Wish Ecrater could look into this.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to me that if you enable Canada in the shipping zones and then use the weight matrix, you can enter 0 for the US and a weight based shipping rate for Canada. Where you are using fixed rate shipping, even if the fixed rate is free to US, using the weight matrix is much easier to edit when the rates increase than having to go through your inventory item by item.
elisia

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely, theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat. I use the matrix, have cost per ounce for each country. As the listing shows 2 for international shipping for matrix and box checked for free to usa. I don't see how else to create a shipping cost for outside USA.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: