SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

problems with my ecarter items on Facebook
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NormsPlace wrote:
Complaining? Asking about stuff that was NOT obvious. The deal here is very different than ebay (or ebid) knowing the deal there does not make it easy here.
I live alone, have major health problems. I still need to post on ebay to actually sell stuff. I add items her as I can. Sorry if my pace is not fast enough for others.
Funny, I made every effort to not be negative, not complain about the way things are. People on here seem very emotionally involved with this site. For me it is a place to sell. A place I sure hope will bring me sales eventually.

I learned long ago never to confuse love with business.....
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MEANWHILE, no one has a real clue what goes on. It is happening to others too.
Seems better to find out why images vanish rather than analyze me.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ecrater answered. FWIW they gave me the story about temporary servers and moving to permanent servers.
"Wait a few days before linking".
Any way to know when images are on the permanent server?
I won't say what I think about this since nothing critical can be said nere......
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="NormsPlace"]"There are hundreds of sellers that have sold for years here with no problems."

WOW, am I to believe this is all somehow MY fault since others have had a "problem free" selling experience? Seems like many have problems. I look at the forum and see plenty of problems.

Many of the sellers that come here and complain are people that did not read the rules before opening up a store. Thy are concerned about why they aren't showing up on Google when suspend or other such things. If you go back and look at those stores, they will probably be closed. Plus, the people answering posts are just sellers like you that do this to help eCrater. Occasionally they pop in, but for the most part it is a seller run forum. We are a very small representation of eCrater sellers. Many just sell and never come here.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see LOADS AND LOADS of questions from sellers confused by stuff on this site. The "rules" don't explain the deal with Google, or many other things that must be dealt with.
I learned a bunch in my time here. Much of that here in this forum.
BUT, sorry, this is not an easy site to figure out. It is free it has many good features. Far from easy for someone new.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I do.
If you click on your photo and it looks like this, wait until it turns to the s.ecrater version before promoting your listing.

Temporary pic:
http://tmpp.ecrater.com/stores/51424/580e6e6e48524_51424b.jpg

Permanent pic:
http://s.ecrater.com/stores/51424/580556bb3bcd8_51424b.jpg

It is an inconvenience and I understand your frustration but it is what it is.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where and how do I click on a photo to see that? I don't get anything clicking on my items...
I just get the URL for the item.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The exact method of seeing the url for a photo varies slightly with different browsers. With Firefox, hold your mouse over the image and right click. This will pop up a menu of options. One of the options is "View Image Info". Selecting this option will open a new smaller window with the image and info such as the location URL, size and dimensions. Look at the location URL to see if it starts http://s.ecrater or starts http://tmpp.ecrater If it says tmpp wait awhile before you add a link to that item.

I've used other browsers in the past and most, if not all, will have a similar feature.

I realize this is "different from other sites", however, once you place that link somewhere on the web to the item on eCrater it will remain an active link until you remove that item from your eCrater store. On most (if not all) other marketplaces you must relist your item which gives a new link. All your promoting for that item must begin again.

These directions work for the older template. If a seller is using a newer template, you'll need to right click on the little photo below the bigger photo to quickly see if the image has moved to the s.ecrater location. If you only have one photo per item and you are using the new format, I don't know how you would find the info. Maybe someone else can add that info.
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you.
I use the older free templates.....

Last edited by NormsPlace on Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
NormsPlace

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
If selling here isn't working for you, there are many other selling sites. The eCrater staff is small and they work very hard to keep costs low for the sellers. There are hundreds of sellers that have sold for years here with no problems.

I agree with Sammy on this. I'm going to try to say something in the gentlest way possible, but I am wondering myself if this is the place for you. I just spent some time looking over all your posts. The majority of them are complaints about ecrater or confusion or misunderstaning on your part of what you are supposed to do or what something is for. You state that ecrater is very hard to use. I think ecrater is for me about the 8th venue I have sold on (I'm down to only two now) and it is by far the easiest site to use of any that I have tried to use. Especially handy when I was still on dial up internet!

But perhaps part of my liking ecrater was the weeks I spent in research reading the forum and exploring ecrater before even signing up. I knew what I was getting into prior to signing up. Others have signed up and one of their first questions was what are the listings fees? How many photos can I use? What are the FVF (before we had any!), etc. it was very obvious that they never spent any time reading and trying to figure things out on their own prior to asking questions. Why would anyone sign up for a selling venue without knowing ahead of time any fees that might be involved, or knowing what is special about the site such as 10 free photos, three stores at once is they want the UK and AUS stores, etc.? As long as we follow some really simple rules and treat our customers well it is very hard to get in trouble here.

I realize that not everyone can read instructions and understand, but if you have sold on ebay, then ecrater should be super simple yet at every turn you are finding problems of some sort such as this current one with Facebook. Facebook is constantly changing everything, so I'm not sure why you are laying this current problem at ecrater's feet, but that is what you have been doing since you got here - everything is ecrater's fault in some way. I do know this, I have pinned thousands of my listings onto Pinterest and none of them have disappeared so why would they on FB unless it is FB problem? It may or may not be I don't know but FB is always tweaking things around so that if you miss a day or two of being on the site, you don't know what is happening. My listings that I found that the picture had disappeared still had all the other info available. My thought is this; generally on social media people don't go backwards in time too much so I for sure am not going to worry about something that isn't showing from a month or so ago. I would spend my time listing more products and promoting them.

I see you don't have any sales yet (or at least no feedback - I'm not sure when the count starts), but with the amount of products in your inventory, it is going to be really hard for anyone to find you on the internet. Even if you can't see your listings on organic Google, they are there but perhaps on page 104,000. We small sellers ar a microdrop in the ocean of internet selling. Also, it can take up to 6 months before you get preferential treatment in Google Organic (the main search engine) and get higher in the page counts. There is only room for 10 listings on each page so they aren't going to give that space over to a new, unknown, small seller. Many have never heard of Google Shopping. I didn't before coming here and if I recall correctly you didn't either. I do what I can to hopefully show up there but I do spend a lot of time checking to see what happens to my listings. If my stuff shows up on the front page of Google organic then a looker might not even need or want to go to GS,

One of the ways to stand out is to have as many listings as possible. Have good titles that are understandable. Case in point looking at your Model Car Science magazine it has in the title 9 and 64 and goes on to say slot car..... To me looking at it, I had no clue what the 9 was for and thought perhaps the 64 was 64 slot cars. But I was puzzled by the lack of a date or issue number in the title. Okay, after looking at the listing for awhile I figure that the 9 and 64 was meant for the date of September 1964. Why not be clear and use the words September 1964 or if you don't have enough space Sept 64 or better yet 1964 so a looker when doing a search for that copy can see easily in the results that they have come upon the right issue that they are looking for. Or even at least put a hypen between the 9 and 64 like this 9-1964 so it might be more evident that it is a date. On Amazon the titles for these magazines are Model Car Science Magazine October 1964, and just change the months for the ones that are available. Incidently you might want to double check Amazon's prices and compare them to your own. More than the date of the magazine you have a sting of words with some capitalized and others not with no ryhme or reason to it but it is weird to look at and doesn't make much sense to me but may to someone wanting to buy the magazine. You also mention a small piece of paper missing from the back. Where is the photo of that? What may be tiny to you is gigantic to the buyer and unless they can see it, they may hesitate to buy.

As I said, I said this not to hurt but to help. After three months of seeing your complaints you probably should think is this the place for you or not. If it is, I think it would help you to be more positive in your outlook and remember that the small team at ecrater is doing their best for us. When I write the team many times I get a response from Dimitar the site owner. When was the last time you wrote to ebay or Amazon and got a response from Jeff Bezos or Wenig?

I have made plenty of money here but only by accepting ecrater as the venue it is and doing the best listings I can and promoting like crazy. You can do that as well (well at least with a lot more product). Would I like to sell more here? You betcha! I do whatever I can to make that happen and realize that ecrater can't do anything about the idiot giant called Google or any other media site.

Long ago I read that Google did not want 9/64 type of notations.
I have sold thousands of magazines. No customers seem to have a problem understanding the dates. People that buy model magazines buy content far more than condition.. Mentioning a small fault is fine.
Of course, I have only been selling magazines for 33 years. What would I know.
"More than the date of the magazine you have a sting of words with some capitalized and others not with no ryhme or reason to it but it is weird to look at and doesn't make much sense to me but may to someone wanting to buy the magazine. " Really?The key here is no sense to you, perfect sense to model builders and slot car hobbyists.
Complaining? You and some others take questions and problems as complaints. You deify the ecrater staff. I found many things here hard to understand. No instructions. I got guidance here. I learned. If you consider that complaining, Oh Well.
I am not going anywhere. I will continue to add items. I hope some start to sell. I have enough time and energy invested here to stay.
I find it amusing that many on here judge me and express a desire for me to leave. Same people have no clue about the stuff I sell, just what a bad guy I am.
HAHAHAHAHAHA
Some have been very helpful and patient, I appreciate them.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: