eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A buyer tried to contact seller Are You Human link is off

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elisia

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:28 am    Post subject: A buyer tried to contact seller Are You Human link is off Reply with quote

She wanted to ask a question regarding one of my items and the Are you human stated the code did not work.

I tried and it bounced for me at first, as well. I then tried it 2 more times and it worked.

Is this a temporary glitch or did we both enter the incorrect code?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who was testing for a human heartbeat … your email provider ?

If so, dump them and get a better one.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Who was testing for a human heartbeat … your email provider ?

If so, dump them and get a better one.

Any time I've asked a seller a question I have to fill in the are you human bit. I thought eCRATER put it there. Didn't know it had anything to do with my email provider.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ elisia, Sometimes the letters and numbers look similar. I've had the problem of picking the wrong one and getting bounced both on eCrater and at other sites. It's annoying, but it's better than getting slammed by a bunch of email generated by bots trying to get our email address. You might send eCrater an email from the contact link on the home page to let them know you and your buyer had a problem. I don't know if eCRATER has any control over the selection of the letters/numbers but I'm sure they would like to know 2 people are having the problem. If others also email with a problem, it could help identify that it's a site problem.

@ maggie, The "are you human?" is placed on the ask seller a question page by eCrater. It has nothing to do with your email provider.

@ cosmicray, ??????? Have you used the Ask Seller a Question feature on an item page on eCRATER?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2016 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand the reason behind those captcha things, but hate it when the letters are so wiggly you can't figure out what they are supposed to be, or the color is too similar to the background so hard to distinguish what you are looking at.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
@ cosmicray, ??????? Have you used the Ask Seller a Question feature on an item page on eCRATER?

Yes I have, but I've also seen email providers that require a human like response before they will white list you as a sender.

That was the context I was referring to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: