eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Ladies and Germs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArmantorysUniqueFinds

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:59 am    Post subject: Ladies and Germs Reply with quote

Hello, my name is Jose, from Chicago and owner of Armantory's Unique Finds (AUF). I could bore you to death with an introduction but i'll keep it simple. My store consists of music (records, CD's, cassettes), sports, clothes (men, women, kids, etc...), home interior / decor. I have more about myself in the home page.

I also would like to thank eCrater and staff for giving people like myself a platform to try to make profit without the sickening fees. As Soon as I get the ball rolling I will be updating my template, as a thank you. Hopefully soon.

Thank you all for your time. If you think i'm missing anything from my store, please let me know. I have all the "text" sections filled out but maybe I need to add something and your input as a customer could help.

Thanks again.

Kind regards,
Jose

[http://armantorysuniquefinds.ecrater.com/][/url]
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello and welcome.

Quote:
I am not like other sellers. I don't try to profit from shipping

You might be interested to know that other sellers would find this to be rude and untrue. You should never try to sell something by putting someone else down. Ther are many expenses involved in shipping and handling, that you have even named off some of them yourself.

At least for your clothing, I would want to see a lot more information other than 'in excellent condition'. What fabric is it made from? How to launder it? actual measurements since no comapny is consistent with other companys and especiall if something has been washed, it may have shrunk enough that while a large might usually fit, after washing it may no longer be the same size, especially if someone washed them in extra hot water instead of the cool the label says to. Because when you are at the description part of a listing, the titles has scrolled up past the point of visualization, I would suggest repeating the highlights of the title with brand, size (and measurements), what it is, etc. As strange as it sounds I have seen sellers apparently lose their mind and list something as a skirt that is really a dress! It just gives you an extra chance to be sure you get things correct. Those items that you have washed you should also mention in the descriptions. Many buyers are known to not read, so they may have never gotton to your about me or terms page, of indeed read your whole description as well, but if you have it in the listing they can't argue that they didn't know it.

I'm a mom to a super autistic son myself. He is at the point most people can't tell as he himself has worked hard to get over his difficulties.
ArmantorysUniqueFinds

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, Moonwishes, thank you for your input. I recently had a bad experience from eBay from a seller who charged ridiculous shipping (media mail). I didn't intend it for all sellers. As a seller I know for a fact some people take advantage of that option.

About the clothes, that's the reason I took pics of the label as well. So the consumer can hopefully see the details saving me time. I guess you're right and would have to update some items. I do wash all clothes thrifted, even if new. On items that are not in excellent condition I do mention the flaws. I don't just put "in excellent condition" on all my listings for no reason. I try to upload good picks and have it short and sweet lol.

Congratulations to your son. My son has come a long way as well. He is moving up to sixth grade and very proud of both my kids Very Happy

Thanks again. You didn't have to go out of your way, yet you did. I appreciate it.

Kind regards,
Jose
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: