eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Coupon Codes

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WIREDCATZ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:59 pm    Post subject: Coupon Codes Reply with quote

I can't seem to find it, but is there somewhere you can add a coupon.
It is Cyber Monday, and I'd like to offer a 15% discount on all of my items.

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry no way to do coupon codes. Not since Google Checkout went by the wayside a few years back. Don't feel too bad though. I spent two years and nearly what seemed like a ream of paper sending coupon codes to all customers that I sold to for two years (and those were busy years). I had three tured in. I've tried sales with no notable success. I am done with that as I never seemed to see an uptick in sales during the sale, just less income from the discount.
WIREDCATZ

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's kind of a bummer. Maybe it's just me, but it seems the eCrater site is in need of a tech upgrade.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been selling on line on many different venues for around 15 years. No matter where I was selling, I never found that coupons or discounts worked well if at all. I tried these coupons/discounts out with 5,ooo - 8,000 items in inventory and still nada. Even on ebay where if you put things on sale they would have an image that stood out that showed your sales and how much the discount was - something we can't do here

You only have 15 items in inventory at this point unless I counted wrong. Your biggest hurdle, in my opinion, is you need more inventory as well as promoting your store so that people will even notice that you have a store much less that you have a sale going on. You are up against very stiff competition of other sellers with their handmade jewelry and so you need to be sure that everything you do in your store helps it stand out from the crowd, and that is going to be tough.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ WIREDCATZ, I just popped in to see your home page (click on the www button for any poster on the forum) which shows a random selection of 10 items. For most eCRATER stores, your buyers are going to come from the major search engines rather than the customer coming to eCRATER first to search. Of the 10 items I saw, there were zero titles that said what you were selling. Your titles MUST contain keywords for the search engines to read. "Fluffy" words don't get customers in the online world. A customer may search for a necklace, blue bead, silvertone accents, handcrafted, handmade, 10", or other keywords. I doubt a customer looking for a necelace in fall color is going to search for "Fall Owl". You are allowed up to 100 characters in your title so make sure you are using them to your best advantage.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wanting to see what Sheila was talking about, I popped in on 'Valor'. She is right! With 100 characters, you really need more in your title. You also need correct descriptions. I know I'm not color blind, but your description of Valor says the beads are blue but I am seeing reddish ones.

I also have no clue about why you are putting a Pokemon disclaimer on your listings unless you are using Pokemon trademarked words and characters, and ideas. If so that disclaimer isn't going to do you much good I would think. I know nothing about Pokemon by the way which is probably obvious, but if your items are so close to be an idea from Pokemon, then you probably shouldn't be using them. What is wrong with using your own ideas?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: