eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER is awesome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 3:05 pm    Post subject: eCRATER is awesome Reply with quote

eCRATER in general, and specifically the payment integration, is awesome.

Another site I sell on has made a mess out of their PayPal and Stripe integration.

Yesterday, I told one of my buyers (from over there) to order an item here. Technically, that might be a rule violation over there, but since I didn't cancel the order over there, I doubt they can do or say much about it. The customer could not get the PP payment to work over there. Placed an order here (based upon a direct store link) and it worked just fine. So I'm out fees on both sites, but the customer is happy.

Ray
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that PP has been having its problems which seem to only have gotten worse under J. Donut head.

Do you wonder that other venues that don't appear to have the PP glitches like ebay might as because PP knows what side their bread is buttered on with the other venues? With ebay it doesn't matter since ebay can't get rid of PP if they tried.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I concur with eCRATER being very helpful regarding payments. Yesterday, I had two orders come in. eCRATER.com sent me the information showing PayPal payments were completed. I got nothing from PayPal. I double checked with Paypal, which showed no such transactions, and then my eCRATER admin. page and saw that the payments did indeed go through. Since the Post Office was closing early, I shipped out both packages. Later in the evening, PayPal finally sent me their emails showing payments made. And then they finally showed up in my PayPal activity.

Paypal is struggling with keeping up.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Paypal is struggling with keeping up.

Which may also mean that someone trying to pay with PP can't even get into them during the busy hours. I did have to buy something today off ebay (I had sold something that I sold out of in Sept but hadn't been removed from my other venue) and I got prompt treatment as well as notification that my item had shipped all within about 5 minutes which is awesome in true!
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it must go through the payment process OK, since eCRATER knew that is was PAID, but the main issue is Paypal being able to keep up with notifications and posting to the seller Activity section.

Just a note, if it hadn't showed up in eCRATER with the green check mark, showing that the payment was complete, I would not have shipped those items out.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2016 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just had another PayPal order which has not showed up yet in PayPal, but has in my eCRATER Oders as PAID. So the PayPal lag issue is still ongoing.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakteakstore wrote:
Just had another PayPal order which has not showed up yet in PayPal, but has in my eCRATER Oders as PAID. So the PayPal lag issue is still ongoing.

I have this problem off and on quite a bit. The payment usually shows up in my PayPal account but the email can take hours, even days sometimes. Rolling Eyes As long as the venue says the item is paid then I ship it. Fortunately I haven't had a problem yet with it stating "Paid" without actually being so.

And I agree! eCRATER is Awesome! Definitely my favorite place to sell!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And I agree! eCRATER is Awesome! Definitely my favorite place to sell!

ME two or three! Smile Never felt like it was going to give me an ulcer either.

I just had one of those PP payments that I never saw the PP notification as well. Since I always double check on PP itself to see if the funds were there, I went ahead and shipped. PP apparently just wasn't ready for the Christmas rush. My last order for here came from Stripe. Since I never know why they choose one over the other, but if they had trouble with PP over the last few days, I know I would have switched to a different program. Rarely had trouble with Stripe. I did notice when I was checking that payment that Stripe had a text notice about what they are doing to help make the payments more secure. Sorry I can't remember the whole statement and can't find it now. I'll have to copy it when I see it again.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This was my very first place to start selling. It was pretty easy to figure out and people are always willing to help. I think eCrater is WONDERFUL!!!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even more awesome, I can't believe the type of things people bought and at slightly higher than atypical prices, just above bay price.. Just an amazing thing.

I didn't expect to sell anything on bay either, but here, people find and have to search the web, a MUCH better customer base.

thanks ecrater.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: