eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Wanted/Looking for...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:01 pm    Post subject: Wanted/Looking for... Reply with quote

So I was wondering... Do we have a wanted ads topic in the forum? I realize that only sellers can access the topics so buyers can't post there. However, I'm a buyer too Very Happy I frequently shop online and always check eCRATER for things I need/want. Unfortunately most of the time it isn't available here yet on our growing site. But I thought it would be helpful in case someone is thinking about expanding their inventory or happens to have lying around whatever others are looking for.
For example, these are some of things I personally searched for recently:
Pex fittings
Virgin coconut oil
Iams cat food
Rockwell blades
Mary Kay products
I know I'm not the only one looking for such things (and many other things too!). So if a seller sees the wanted ad and has access to those types of inventory he can better decide if he wants to try to sell it. He already knows people (or at least fellow sellers and hopefully internet surfers) are already looking for that product so there are potential sales. Also, by offering those products we can expand the variety in and visibility of eCRATER as a whole. Does that make sense? My brain is having trouble formulating this idea into words. LOL
I thought a new thread or sticky for "WANTED" or "Looking For" would be nice. Any thoughts? If it's already somewhere in the forums please forgive me!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I have had customers wanting a pattern that I don't have listed or in my huge backlog, I have posted it in the eCRATER sellers only thread. Of course, that wouldn't be the best place for that if we all sent in requests.

I personally am looking for a yard sale with one of about 4 sewing machines on my wish list would be selling for $50! That is just a big dream. But I just love finding things at sales and thrift stores.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:

I personally am looking for a yard sale with one of about 4 sewing machines on my wish list would be selling for $50! That is just a big dream. But I just love finding things at sales and thrift stores.

Why does anyone need 4 more sewing machines? Especially someone with RA.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't want four more, I would like 1 of the four! The brand I have has come out with a new machine that I think they were thinking about sewers with RA when they made it. Lots of features that makes things even easier than modern machines can be made. I don't know if you sew, but most machines you have to reach around to the back to flip the switch to raise and lower the presser foot, several of these new ones there is a button in the front that does it for you. It doesn't seem like much, but when you are trying to sew and your shoulder is giving you grief the difference between reaching to flip a switch/raise a lever or press a button right on the front of the machine is HUGE. Little things like that. A needle threader for the machine that saves trying to handle the thread. First thing in the morning I can't even touch my fingers together or close my hand much less make a fist. And what I go through in the morning seems to be extending throughout the day anymore.

What I'm really waiting for and holding for is a machine that cuts the fabric, sews it up to my specs AND dispenses chocolate at certain intervals!

I have a perfectly good sewing machine that many women would trade their teeth for, but that doesn't mean I don't like dreaming. I study up on all the latest machines and so then I can help the women in my sewing machine digest that run into trouble. Most of them seem to have not read the manuals and I have. I also get to advertise my store there and so that is part of my marketing plan, to be knowledgeable about sewing machines, sewing, patterns, etc.
StoneWyre

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I want one of those chocolate dispensing sewing machines!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, for sure they will be doing that soon! One can hope anyhow. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: