eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Problems with paypal payments

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ashraf-10



Posts: 6

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Problems with paypal payments Reply with quote

Many customers tell me that they face some difficulties when paying through paypal and often paypal tell them that payment is not possible
I haven't strip account & I prefer to work through paypal
Are there any advice to solve this problem
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore



Posts: 13158

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this a new problem as it looks like you have been in business for a while? Stripe is just as easy to use as PP and I haven't had any problems with it after receiving thousands of $$ in payments through them. One thing I have done when for whatever reason a buyer is having problems getting PP to work is I send them a PP invoice and when using it for payment, the payment goes right through. Other than that, no suggestions, until we know a bit more about your problem and whether it is something new going on.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
trafficjammers



Posts: 254

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

update to paypal express. you are using the old version
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards



Posts: 3142

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers, I had wondered if that was the problem.

I placed an item in the cart and clicked the PayPal checkout button. When taken to PayPal I was only offered 2 options, Log In or Create an Account. (I returned to the OP's store and deleted the item from the cart.) I tried this with a couple of other stores and each time I was given 3 options on PayPal, Log In, Create an Account, or Check out with Credit or Debit Card. I think each of the stores I checked were using PayPal Direct because they also accept Stripe or they did accept Stripe in the past.

I had wondered if the fact that all inventory in the OP's store was digital download had any effect, but I think trafficjammers has the answer.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Ashraf-10



Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Is this a new problem as it looks like you have been in business for a while? Stripe is just as easy to use as PP and I haven't had any problems with it after receiving thousands of $$ in payments through them. One thing I have done when for whatever reason a buyer is having problems getting PP to work is I send them a PP invoice and when using it for payment, the payment goes right through. Other than that, no suggestions, until we know a bit more about your problem and whether it is something new going on.


Thanks
I will try this method in the future
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Ashraf-10



Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:
update to paypal express. you are using the old version


My account was updated
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Ashraf-10



Posts: 6

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
trafficjammers, I had wondered if that was the problem.

I placed an item in the cart and clicked the PayPal checkout button. When taken to PayPal I was only offered 2 options, Log In or Create an Account. (I returned to the OP's store and deleted the item from the cart.) I tried this with a couple of other stores and each time I was given 3 options on PayPal, Log In, Create an Account, or Check out with Credit or Debit Card. I think each of the stores I checked were using PayPal Direct because they also accept Stripe or they did accept Stripe in the past.

I had wondered if the fact that all inventory in the OP's store was digital download had any effect, but I think trafficjammers has the answer.


I am having the same problem and I would like to know how we can solve it
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum