eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

my new store

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HUDSONCOMICSHOP

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 9:46 pm    Post subject: my new store Reply with quote

.Good Evening Everyone

I would like to introduce my new store on ecrater http://www.hudsoncomicshop.ecrater.com, check us out for all your comic needs a flat $3.99 shipping rate no matter how many items you order.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER!

I took a quick look at your store and realized your shipping isn't working as you wanted. When a new store is opened, the USPS calculated shipping is active by default. If you don't want to use it, you must go to Accounts > Options in your admin and scroll down to "Enable USPS Calculated Shipping Instead" and remove the check from the box.

After doing that, the best way to acheive your desired results would be to add 1 for the weight of every item and select "Weight Matrix". In your weight matrix you would add 3.99 to every box in every column except the last one (16+) which would be 0.00. With these selections, a customer will pay $3.99 shipping no matter how many comics they purchase. It's also easy to change in the future if the cost of shipping needs to be adjusted.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER. I hope you do well here.
Shaelily

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry I'm late! Welcome to eCRATER! And cool shop!
Just wanted to mention the shipping is still showing calculated, not flat rate $3.99. Currently it's showing $2.62 shipping.
Do the photos show the actual item (like a scan) or is it stock? Also, will you be adding photos of the backs? I know you mention the grading but collectors like to see, especially for the more expensive ones. Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

I realize that you didn't ask for advice, but if you did I would suggest that you fill out your titles and descriptions a bit more. You are allowed 100 characters in your titles and an unlimited amount in your descriptions. You want to SELL your comics and to do that on line requires good photos (like the backs as well), great descriptions. For instance in your Batman #50 that you have graded as near mint, the comic looks all rippled. I can't tell by looking at it if it is the art work or it got water damaged or what. Those issues need to be addressed up front. Or is the rippled look because you didn't take it out of the plastic bag to scan it. If someone is in a shop, they can look, but on line they have to depend on you the seller to explain things.

For novices you might want to explain the grading system. You never know if grandma is trying to buy as a present and she will want to be sure that she is getting it exactly right. Use your description area to not only tell more about the comic, such as who drew the artwork, who wrote the story, etc. you can also explain the grading why certain comics are special such as the introduction of a new superhero, the death of a villain or superhero, that sort of thing.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: