eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

US Prices does not reflect to AUD or £

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:01 am    Post subject: US Prices does not reflect to AUD or £ Reply with quote

I just checked out that the AUD and the Euro Pound did not change to its respective pricing. I am listing an item for $13.99 USD but on the AUD and £ Box, it still shows 13.99.

I do recall I selected adding AUD and £ pricing. So did I need to change something else?

Thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your admin, under Accounts > Options there are 3 options you need to check:
Enable GBP curency
Enable AUD currency
Do no auto convert prices in other currences

The default would be for all 3 to be blank and when you add the UK and AU to your shipping zone the system will automatically convert the price you list in your USA store to GBP and AUD in your UK and AU stores. If you checked Enable GBP and Enable AUD, then you will see a box on the item page for both currencies and you will need to enter the GBP and AUD price. ALSO, important, your GBP and AUD prices WILL NOT change unless you make a change via the Global Editor (or manually). IF you let the system auto convert prices, then the prices will change to reflect changes in the exchange rate. I don't sell internationally but I've heard other sellers say they like to control their international prices because they can include a little extra to cover their cost to PayPal for the exchange into USD. They also like knowing when the exchange rate for their store changes. A seller doesn't know when the eCRATER system changes the exchange rate.

Note the shipping price is auto converted for all UK and AU store regardless of how a seller handles the item prices.

It appears you made a change and checked the Do Not auto convert at some point after your store was open. You have 31 items in your UK & AU stores while you have 99 items in your US store. Not sure what would be the best way to fix the problem.

You probably should contact eCRATER customer service to get their suggestions on the best way to correct the problem to get all items listed in your UK and AU stores. Just remember they are a small staff and sometimes it takes a little time to get back to you. You contact them from the contact link on the home page for ecrater.com.
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there
Thanks for the quick reply.

Under Option
I do see that I check marked the following:

GBP Currency
AUD Currency
Do not auto convert prices in other currencies

But I did something under More Option - Use Global Editor
I did Add Global Action and I selected Sticker and Decal and add Set UK Price and Set AU Price. So not sure if that might causes where the price does not reflects.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hobbyemporia wrote:
Under Option
I do see that I check marked the following:

GBP Currency
AUD Currency
Do not auto convert prices in other currencies
After you check mark all three, you must enter the UK price in GBP AND you must enter the AU price in AUD. If you don't enter a GBP price and AUD price, I don't think the items will show in your UK or AU stores. When you use this method of manually adding the prices for every item for both the UK and the AU stores, you will need to use the Global Editor to make any Global changes to the prices. (Global would affect all items in one category OR your whole store)

hobbyemporia wrote:

But I did something under More Option - Use Global Editor
I did Add Global Action and I selected Sticker and Decal and add Set UK Price and Set AU Price. So not sure if that might causes where the price does not reflects.
You must have a price listed for the UK & AU to make a change.

I strongly recommend you contact eCrater Customer Service for help in correcting your store. It sounds like you would rather have the prices automatically set based on your US price, but right now you have a bit of a mess in your stores and I'm not sure of the best way to correct the problems.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm one that manually sets my UK and AU prices. I prefer to know how much I'm charging. Whenever there is a significant change in the currency exchange for either or both countries I will do a global edit to have them all change to the latest exchange number.

If you have an excel program or something like it in your computer, you can print out a 'cheat sheet' of what you are currently using pricing for say you have something set as $9.99 US, the UK is 8.29 US and the AU is 13.59 US. I do round up those numbers as I would rather be safe than sorry (for instance to 8.50 and 13.75). With a cheat sheet, it should be fairly easy to go through all your listings and get them set up correctly as then you won't have to figure things out per listing. Pretty much all my US prices end in .99 but is you have prices that end in .28, .54, .78, etc. you will need a more expansive cheat sheet, or increase your US prices a tad to like all ending with the same two digits whether .99 or .00 or .23 and that way you will be able to have an easy to find list for setting prices. When there is a significant change in currency conversion (for me .25 -.50 cents) you just set the global editor for your older listings and then make a new cheat sheet. I keep my taped to my desk right next to the keyboard.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oops double post!
hobbyemporia

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2017 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually manually added the price on the fill in box on each item as I do not have much. I just went to www.xe.com to do the conversion.

So if it does not adjust automatically, I just do it manually

Thanks for the help.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: