eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Greetings from NY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
themisandthread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:25 pm    Post subject: Greetings from NY Reply with quote

Hey, my name's Jesse, I've had a store on ecrater for a long time but I've never looked into the community here for some reason! Happy to connect with any of you! I make clothing and jewelry in The Finger Lakes region of New York State for my small ethical fashion brand Themis and Thread.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! Just saw your leather and chop stick hair do thingy. Reminds me of back in my more youthful time, when lots of girls had them. Hadn't seen any for a long time.

Do you ever find garment fabric that you will use simply to help it avoid going into a landfill? Just curious as I often find orphaned chunks and always bring them home and I never will live long enough to sew them all up. I can't resist hardly any sewing related item that is going for a song, but I think at this point I've grown out of my sewing room. Laughing
themisandthread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 3:38 pm    Post subject: Sourcing Reply with quote

Thanks for visiting the site MoonwishesStore! I too love the hair forks and nostalgia! I certainly work with orphaned materials and offer one of a kind pieces from time to time. I've even helped clear out some hoarding homes of fabric that needed to be cleaned and rescued! Whenever we're creating a new style we break out the rescues for prototyping and sample making rather than boring muslins Smile If you'd like to learn more about Themis and Thread consider checking us out on social media. Thanks so much for connecting!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I finally read a book from a person in the sewing industry that I admire and she said she used actual fabric to make her 'muslins' that was enough for me. Not that I had done it anyhow, but everytime I went to make something without a muslin I would feel guilty, but if that project turned out okay, I would continue on making up the same pattern in better fabric if I had it. One of the dresses I have gotten more compliments on than anything else I have ever made in my entire life (and I'm in my 60's) now was a chunk of fabric I think I paid $4 for at a yard sale. I have worn the dress for years in the summer and still have someone say something about it just about every time I wear it. Makes me happy to have rescued it.

edited for spelling errors Sad

Last edited by MoonwishesStore on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:39 am; edited 1 time in total
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2017 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ecrater! Good luck with your store. I like your button earrings!
viewfinders

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2017 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the community. Interesting store. You said you have been here a while. I think you would have more sales if you took advantage of the 100 spaces allowed in the title and gave more details in your descriptions.

I looked at a listing for earrings. Six pairs of earrings were shown but the price was for one pair. Are you choosing a pair at random? You don't say so but if I were a buyer I would want to choose the color. You also don't say what the wire wrapping the glass is made of.

Also your subscription plan does not make sense to me. Unless you have a dossier you send people who are interested, you need to do a lot more explaining.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: