eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Inventory Control - Sold out options?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
alienrobotmonster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last edited by alienrobotmonster on Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
alienrobotmonster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, makes sense, seems pretty obvious actually and that's what I figured. But then I wonder what support meant by saying that the listing (and product image) will remain visible but buyers are not able to order. This seems to be a lot different from what actually happens which is that the listings disappear, right?
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienrobotmonster wrote:
I wonder what support meant by saying the listing (and product image) will remain visible but buyers are not able to order

It's what has already been explained. When the product is "hidden" by using the "Hide this product" feature...it is visible to those who have the URL for that product. The "Buy Now" button on the listing page will say "On Hold"...so that the item cannot be purchased.
alienrobotmonster

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, thanks for helping out. So making the listing (and product image) visible but disabling buyers from ordering will only work when a customer follows a link to that specific product, right? If so, apparently that's what the person from support meant, but I was hopeful that he meant people could somehow see my sold out or "restocking soon" items by going directly to my main store front.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alienrobotmonster wrote:
thanks

You're welcome

alienrobotmonster wrote:
So making the listing (and product image) visible but disabling buyers from ordering will only work when a customer follows a link to that specific product, right?

Correct.

alienrobotmonster wrote:
I was hopeful that he meant people could somehow see my sold out or "restocking soon" items by going directly to my main store front.

Having items that are sold out or that are not currently in stock visible would be a violation of the eCrater Terms that every sellers agrees to when opening a store.

eCrater Terms #4.5 "What is not allowed to post?"

Items that are not for sale
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2017 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By hiding each sold out item, you are conforming to the rules of not having a sold out listing showing. When you can restock (and not before you physically have the item to sell) you can un-hide the item, and the url that it originally had will continue to bring buyers to the listing.

If someone does bump into the url while it is still on hold, they may write you about it (I get plenty of emails this way) and then you can tell them when you expect a new supply.
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: