eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Separate Twitter accounts - thoughts?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 1:51 pm    Post subject: Separate Twitter accounts - thoughts? Reply with quote

Twitter has become a minefield of late. Now, not one to slough off controversy, I'm finding myself VERY tempted to let loose with some tweet-storms of my own in my #dennysdeepthoughts corner. It's been said that simply promoting my listings and nothing else on social media could disengage readers. I'm sure the same *could* happen if you manage to step on someone's toes (like that would ever happen Wink). But on the other hand, it could also be a good source of customer engagement (i.e. no bad publicity). What say you? Do you think it's a better plan to keep your shop on a separate social media account from your personal and maybe only occasionally cross the two in a promotion? Or that combining the two creates an integral part of the "identity" of your store ownership? (i.e. sure it might demonize me, but it makes me human so it's all good).

#ohfortheloveof_mychosentwitterusernameisalreadytaken
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never understood Twitter and other than sending tweets when I pin products, I never go there. Since the Pin box has the Tweeter box already checked automatically, I don't have to do anything special to do that and I doubt I have sold a thing from it, but continue since one never knows. Tweeter is too short for me to express my opinion on anything!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only use twitter for my business but never post except for when I list a new item. I don't understand how it is used either whether to communicate with friends/followers or for business.

Moonwishes Trump starts a message in one tweet and finishes in another.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah the secret to a long post in Twitter is cutoff points. One paragraph become like half a dozen tweets.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah the secret to a long post in Twitter is cutoff points. One paragraph become like half a dozen tweets.

Sounds like a royal pain. I leave twitter alone, do a little with FB and more with Pinterest. But I run out of time and energy for a lot of socializing via the internet.

Has anyone gotten sales via Twitter? In my two years of tracking I haven't. I think I had one from FB before I actually set up tracking in excel. Pinterest is the only one that seems to generate any sales for me. Over 15% of them last year. The MP didn't even hit quite 50%. Which means over half of my sales didn't have a FVF. Very Happy

I think if I saw that FB and Twitter were drawing in some buyers, I might work them harder, but even when I did try, I got no results.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I've been approaching it from a mixed bag of product promotion and personal interest. But things are moving in a heady direction I wasn't sure I wanted to mix with the store. Still undecided on that front.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2017 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My personal opinion would be to have two accounts. I feel a business should be political and religious neutral unless you are a retailer of items specifically supporting a religion or political point of view.

To have a following on twitter, you have to post content that would be of interest to the broad base of your customers. The more content you post that isn't products from your store, the more interesting your feed would be, however, the content should relate to the type of items you sell.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: