eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mimi1223

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:56 am    Post subject: sale Reply with quote

Hi i have been on ecrater for 6 mos and not one sale can someone help please, I just want to know if my products on correctly thank you
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Mimi, I don't have a lot of time right now, But I can see some problems right off. For example your 'Classic Green Emerald Ring'. I would love to have emeralds that looked that pretty for $22 but the price alone tells me that they aren't real and you never bother mentioning what they are.

Also in your discription: "Elegant, simply and beautiful!!" I assume you meant simple not simply, but beauty is in the eyes of the beholder. Those are not words that anyone would use as keywords for finding a ring on line. Would you do a search for elegant ring? No you would do a search for the spcifics that you are looking for.

Your measurments are in metric which leaves most from the US baffled. YOu need to use units of measurments in inches PLUS the metric.

I saw some discusion about selling jewelry on another forum that I will try to go get a copy for you, but I have to go now.
mimi1223

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank u I will go and change and also I'll be waiting for whatever you're going to send me thank you so much
viewfinders

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to be more specific as to what the stones are made of. Are they glass CZ, or whatever. Most people would realize they aren't genuine by the price but it is best to protect yourself.

In your about page, remove the line about your PayPal working now. That is past tense. It is not important now.

Terms should be about your return policy, how you ship, etc.

I'm assuming you are using a drop shipper. As such you will not get great visibility on eCRATER. You will need to promote your store on social media.
mimi1223

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much what is drop shipping and yes I am on Facebook Twitter I will change everything and if you have any more information please let me know
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thank you so much what is drop shipping and yes I am on Facebook Twitter I will change everything and if you have any more information please let me know

That is a run-on sentence so I'm not sure if you were actually saying, "What is drop shipping?" or something else. Drop shipping is where you get the order and another company is the one that sends it out. In others words you keep no actual inventory but make some money from the company that has the items.

As to presuming that the price will clue buyers in that it is a fake emerald or fake sapphire, isn't necessarily true. Someone will be sure to buy it thinking they are getting this great deal and then be very upset when they find out it isn't. Unless those are real gems, you can not call them by the real gems names. Same with the metals.

As I mentioned earlier, I had just seen a discusion on the Amazon forum (some guy wondering why his jewelry wasn't selling on Amazon). This was one of the other seller's response that sells jewelry. You might want to check out at Amazon what their rules for costume jewelry sellers.

Quote:
Until your listings are in compliance with the FTC, the Stamp Act, and Amazon policies, you are both breaking the law (Truth in Advertising Law) and at risk of being suspended from selling on Amazon (temporarily or permanently).

Quote:
Jewelry is considered by Amazon to be the hardest category to sell in, because of the FTC and all of the policies and rules. All of this revolves around the Truth in Advertising Law. Jewelry is not run the same way as other categories because of these special legal considerations. Suspensions from selling in jewelry have been common as a result. I do not know of another category where a small mistake can overnight put your entire business out of business for months or permanently.

I do not know the rules that the FTC have or what the Stamp Act is, but it sounds like you (and other jewelry seller's) need to find out what they are and do what is necessary. As I read the descriptions for your 'emerald' ring, it would not last a minute under a truth in advertising check. It is not an emerald and you can't call it as such. No, I'm not trying to be harsh or discourage you, but these are things you have to know if you want to be a success and not land in jail as well.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:14 am    Post subject: Re: sale Reply with quote

mimi1223 wrote:
Hi i have been on ecrater for 6 mos and not one sale can someone help please.....
It appears you either didn't do good research before you selected your products OR you haven't kept up to date with what is available in the marketplace. In less than 3 minutes I found what appears to be the same pendant watch available from a large number of sellers on eBay. Your price for the watch is $20.00 plus USPS Calculated shipping, yet I can buy the same watch on eBay for under $5.00 including shipping. In fact, one dealer was selling it for $1.87 with free shipping. This dealer offered a choice of 6 styles and has sold 1,450.

A retailer (online or in a store) MUST select their inventory carefully. Before you ever purchase an item for resale, look at the item from the view point of the buyer. How widely available is this item to my buyer? What price is the buyer going to expect to pay (including shipping)? Can I sell this item at a competitive price? If my price is going to be higher, are there good reasons why the buyer would buy from me? If you are selling online and the buyer has lots of options to buy the same item for $5.00 or less, it will probably never sell for $20.00 anywhere online. The one exception would be the impulse buyer who bought without checking, but they are going to be very angry if they search after the purchase.

Now the rules on Amazon in their jewelry section are probably more strict than on any other site. On eBay, I don't think they enforce the few rules they have (if you are a large seller). The reason I looked at your watch was the fact that your title states the item is "New Antique Vintage Bronze Tone Pendant Pocket Quartz Watch Chain Necklace". Now something is normally either new, antique or vintage but rarely all three. If the watch was actually "new old stock", from the Victorian period, you might be correct that it was all three. To be an antique, it should be more than 100 years old. A "new" item that is more than 100 years old would be a most unusual item. How a watch can be antique, vintage and have a quartz movement is hard for me to picture. Maybe if an antique watch had a new quartz movement added, but then the watch wouldn't be new.

I found it interesting that one of the dealers on eBay had actually selected Antique as the age in the eBay item specifics. On their listing the Item Specifics says Age: Antique (pre-1920). I guess when the seller checked Antique they forgot to read the part about (pre-1920). At least eBay is covered if the FTC ever got involved for false advertising since it would be clearly the seller at fault.

Well, I've gotten a little off track. In my opinion, the two most important rules in retailing is know your market and tell the truth! It appears both rules were broken with this one item.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with what Sheila said, you have it listed that you have two of these new vintage watches which would be even more to comprehend if you had been able to locate two new vintage watches with a quartz movement.

Another problem is the New Lady Men's Gold watch. You have no wrist measurement. Most watches are made for lady's or they are made for men. Generally no unisex styles. Men's watches generally come bigger and heftier with a larger wristband. I've gotten to review several lady's watches for women for Amazon, I have found they usually don't come bigger than around 7" which would not fit an average guys wrist. This is why measurments are so important.

You also need a variety of sizes. What does a customer do if they like a ring but it only comes in one size?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: